Author Topic: WZR-HP-AG300H dropping clients  (Read 1701 times)

lzuk

• Calf
WZR-HP-AG300H dropping clients
« on: January 31, 2012, 07:54:41 AM »

I have a problem with wireless in Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H. Radio is very unstable, no matter how many clients are connected. Distance between AP and clients is 1 to 15 meters. Software I’ve tried: Original Buffalo User Friendly(most stable), Professional and DD-WRT.
Problems: Radio is dropping clients randomly.
Sometimes we cannot authenticate. Sometimes problems occur with getting IP address from DHCP(client is authenticated but 0 bytes received). I have few devices of this type and all of them have problems (tried setup with one or more device simultaneously).
Settings we use: WPA2-PSK, AES encryption, manual channel selection (tried automatic with same results).

chipgoon

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-AG300H dropping clients
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »

I'm using the latest DD-WRT buffalo firmware with this router and have no wireless problems at all.  I read somewhere that issues are solved by setting a specific channel for the wireless rather than choosing auto, so I did.

If you're using the DDWRT firmware, I recommend starting syslogd under the services tab, and specifying the IP of a computer in your LAN that will receive the log messages.  For viewing the messages in windows computers, I recommend installing 'kiwi free syslog server'.  This will help you troubleshoot any errors from the router.