Author Topic: Repeating WEP APīs  (Read 1347 times)

fernandovictor

• Calf
Repeating WEP APīs
« on: February 02, 2012, 03:33:03 AM »

Hi. My name is Fernando. Iīm from Spain so please forgive my poor English. I own a WHR-HP-G300N (Atheros AR7240). Iīve been trying to configure it as Repeater in DD-WRT (Client-->VAP), but itīs been a nightmare since I couldnīt make even a connection between AP and the Buffalo. After spending hours and hours reading forums, reviews, tech specifications and tons of informations, finally I solved the problem. Hope this help someone. The keys are:

1. Use DD-WRT 17135 version. The previous one and the last one (alpha-17798) donīt work (drops continuously).

2. If AP has WEP encryption donīt put the password in ASCII algorithm. Convert it into HEXADECIMAL. There are several tools for the conversion. I used this: http://www.seguridadwireless.net/php/conversor-universal-wireless.php from my fellows in Spain.

3. If you are able to put your AP in WPA-AES encryption mode (I guess youīre able to...) do it... It only worked for me in WPA-AES mode. Never in TKIP or MIXED.

For the rest of config... as usual... Security disabled, leave DHCP on... If you canīt connect to AP just feel free to ask me the exact configuration I have. I know many people are having issues with this unit/chipset and they wasting time trying to make it work... thatīs why Iīve decided to write this post (I donīt use to), so be a little more patiente and see how it works. Good luck.