Author Topic: I need help to debrick my WZR-HP-G300NH, please  (Read 15222 times)

Robotix

• Calf
Re: I need help to debrick my WZR-HP-G300NH, please
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 05:14:52 AM »

Perfect!!!! This time it all went smoothly. It installed in less than 4 seconds.

Thanks a lot Buddee, really appreciate it.

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 06:01:25 AM »

Most excellent! As you can tell, i don't like throwing in the towel so easily. :)

I was teetering on the edge of wanting you to mail it to me so i could fix it and send it back, but i am glad it worked for you because in all honesty, these units are hard to brick. Also with the method i listed, you can switch back and forth from buffalo dd-wrt builds to community dd-wrt builds, which you may learn about later in your ventures.

Best Regards

Robotix

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 09:05:21 AM »

Well, to be honest it was going to be a little bit difficult to mail it to you, since I live in another country

too far from you may be, but as I told you before I really appreciate your effort to help me out.

I don't like to throw the towel so easily either, but this router was driving me nuts since

I had tried every debricking method without success.

"See" ya around buddy

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 02:28:27 PM »

possible to change the regulatory domain of a router purchased in the EU to USA?

Goz

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 01:48:09 PM »

Hi all, my WZR-HP-G300NH managed to brick itself randomly (I was watching something streamed from my NAS drive when it suddenly died!)

I've tried using the method described here.  I had real problems using the linksys TFTP utility (it would get about 3/4 through then fail).

So I installed the standard windows TFTP client and ran it as follows:

tftp -i 192.168.11.1 put wzrhpg300nh-176

it then responded

Transfer successful: 21623036 bytes in 9 second(s), 2402559 bytes/s

So that looks like it uploaded it fine.

Its now been more than 10 minutes since I received this message and I still have the solid red diag light.  Has anyone got any ideas?  I'd really like to de-brick this router so any help would be hugely appreciated

Goz

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 02:15:14 PM »

Btw I've also tried with the alpha version (wzrhpg300nh-pro-v24sp2-17798-alpha.enc) with no success.  I'm now trying this alpha version through a 10/100 router.  Its uploaded fine and I've been waiting over 5 mins now for the red diag light to go off ...

Goz

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2012, 06:22:29 AM »

Hmm have just tried wzrhpg300nh-pro-v24sp2-14998 as well and still the same problem.  Am I right in thinking that the diag light should start blinking after a successful TFTP upload?  Because this is never happening for me ... it just sits on a solid red light.

Equally, if I try and upload the v2 router's firmware then the diag light will flash twice.

I have a revision B0 B0 if that makes any difference ...?  So far this is just driving me up the wall ... it does not seem possible to flash the damned thing :(

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2012, 05:34:07 PM »

I Would be unable to help you anymore than i helped the other person in this post. Only other way i know of you could possibly de-brick it is via serial cable. But really, you shouldn't need to, when a unit bricks itself out of nowhere, which according to you is what happened here, it usually means either one of 2 things - 1. power supply failure 2. internal hardware failure.

Goz

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2012, 05:46:24 PM »

:(

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2012, 03:44:23 PM »

Like i said, all hope isn't lost, you can try a different power supply (make sure the specs match up as far as volts/amps). Then try the TFTP method i explained in the post, or if that doesn't work, open it up and see if you have any swollen up capacitors. If either of these aren't an option for you and you still have warranty time, you could always return it if so.

duyhung0185

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 04:30:53 AM »

Hi, i also am having problem with my router,

I was trying OpenWRT 10.3 RC3, but i want to go back to stock firmware (1.74) as I cannot config the router to run at 300 Mbs.

But something went wrong, perhaps i flashed the wrong firmware ... now the router's sitting there blinking red diag led twice every 2 seconds.

I tried to TFTP every firmware possible, OpenWRT, DD-WRT, stock ..., the command prompt show TFTP transfer successful every time, but no firmware seems to stick on it. The red diag led still blinking.

Any one can help ? Anyone have similar experience ?

Thanks in advance,

Duy Hung

Guess i'll make TFTP firmware my new morning exercise...

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 06:54:31 AM »

You have a WZR-HP-G300NH v1, right?

You have followed all the steps i listed out in this post, right? Even using a hardware switch in-between the router and PC?

duyhung0185

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2012, 03:33:02 AM »

uh yeah,

I use a switch, connect the first LAN port on the router to the switch, and the switch to the PC.

I can TFTP just fine.

But it doesnt seem to flash the firmware :(

and my router is V1, model A0 A1 too.

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2012, 07:38:36 AM »

Uh yea, you have to wait about 7-8 mins after the success msg on the TFTP, the red diag light will continue flashing and it will stop when the router has finished programming..

Which file are you using for the TFTP? I always use the dd-wrt community builds and i use this to tftp with buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-MULTI.bin

Beyond that, the question would be why does this method work for many others, and its not working for you...?

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 01:31:28 PM »

odd i thought these routers were pretty much unbrickable since they use a seperate bootloader. iv used tftp a few times now to flash firmware and it works all the time once you get the timing right.