Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH keeps dropping the internet connection  (Read 15675 times)

hamwbone

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH keeps dropping the internet connection
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 06:15:05 AM »

i reverted back to Firmware: DD-WRT v24SP2-EU-US (08/19/10) std and now my wireless is back and the wireless light is back on on the router.  Oddly with the newer build the orange security light was on which i was not used to. It is gone now but i can garuntee its secure... never really noticed the light. hrmm

Brian_E

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »

Hi Dave

Did you ever find a solution to the Internet dropping problem? I have just purchased a WZR-HP-G300NH2 and I am getting the same problem you described using an ethernet connection. I am on BT's Infinity Service and I didn't have this problem with the supplied Home Hub 3 or an alternative router. I have upgraded to the latest User Friendly firmware, but the problem is still occurring. If I don't find a resolution to this in a few days, it is going back as I need a stable connection to work from home.

papendorffc

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 09:46:39 PM »

Hi guys, same problem here.

When the router boots and obtains the IP from DHCP from the ISP everything works great, I can connect to Astrill VPN - everything seems to work flawlessly.

Then suddenly I don't have internet access.

I can still access the router with wifi and lan, so there's no problem with the LAN, it's just the WAN shows it's connected and has an IP but there's not traffic.

I have noticed the following:

The lease time from my ISP is 2 hours, so every 2 hours it will reset the up-time in the WAN info on the status tab under Administrator controls.

It seems when the lease is renewed, the router again obtains an IP from the ISP, (the same IP) but there is no internet traffic after - this happens whether my VPN is running or not. 

I have installed multiple firmwares and firmware versions trying to solve this issue, firmware from both DD-WRT site and Buffalo - they all behave the same.

I have reverted back to Buffalo professional FW V24-SP2 build 19154 with tftp, still the same problem.

Some people are saying there's an issue with the handshaking if your WAN port (gigabit) is connected to a 100Mbit port. They suggest using a switch between the modem and router.

I've also read some people say the router switch should be set to "ON" on the back panel of the device.

I will check the above 2 scenarios and update the post - a lot of people are suffering this issue and there is no solution that I could find. 

It is really annoying to reboot the rooter every 2 hours to establish internet connection - it's kind pointless as, once set up, routers are supposed to be "forgotten about - day to day".

I also don't believe that Buffalo would release and market this device if it didn't pass QA.

papendorffc

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 12:53:06 AM »

Well after setting the router hard switch to "ON" I still got the same problem.

I don't have a gigabit switch that I can use, but I'll try to get hold of one.

I'm starting to think to just dump this piece of **bleep** and get a cisco or netgear instead - buffalo is really pathetic and there has been no response from them whatsoever regarding this issue. I thought they're monitoring these threads

:-(

buffalo support, where are you? If there is something wrong with this device, please at least tell us so we can stop waisting time trying to solve an unsolvable problem.

papendorffc

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 09:57:44 AM »

Hi

I bought my router in China, I'm an expat living in China, I have no idea who my sevice provider is as my apartment comes pre boundles with cable and internet.

My previous linksys router had no problem what so ever with the connection, but I could not install a VPN service on it, hence I bought the Buffalo unit.

I have 30/30/30 cycled the unit and tried multiple firmware versions from buffalo and dd-wrt.

I still experience the same issue. My DHCP lease is set to 2 hours from my ISP, on renewal, the unit shows IP for WAN, but no internet access, the unit has to be rebooted manually before internet access is restored.

Please help.

papendorffc

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 10:23:05 PM »

Check this for intirim solution:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Wireless/Sudden-internet-disconnection-WBMR-HP-G300H/td-p/100473

Buffalo support, maybe this can help you pinpoint the problem so it can be fixed in a software update.

jrnemanich

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 01:03:05 AM »

My ISP is though comcast and I bought the unit in the USA.

I've been expereinceing this issue for many months now, but it seems to be getting worse recently. 

I've tired changing the firmware and the 30/30/30 resest but to no avail. 

grahamen

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 05:20:14 AM »

Same problem on 

WBMR-HP-G300H Ver.1.74 (R3.02/B2011/02/03 09:21:07 JST)

Hence searching forums for a solution.

Bought in UK 2 months ago.

Frequency seems to be increasing to once/twice a day.  Started a couple of weeks ago.

grahamen

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 05:47:33 AM »

Just updated to 

WBMR-HP-G300H Ver.1.78

I let you know if this makes any difference.

Don't hold your breath as the firmware update doesn't mention anything related to this problem.

carloes

• Calf
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 07:50:13 AM »

Do any of you with this problem ...

- use Port Forwarding

- use a Bridge

?