Author Topic: Client bridge setup on wzr-hp-g450h  (Read 4866 times)

agustaf4

• Calf
Client bridge setup on wzr-hp-g450h
« on: December 28, 2011, 06:40:56 PM »

I'm setting up a client bridge setup and everything connects fine , but there is an issue I cannot get around. These are the steps. The main router I setup the standard wireless network and it is setup as AP. The secondary router I mirror the wireless setup of the primary.  I choose client bridge on the secondary. I disable the firewall, I set the Wan port to switch, for gateway I put the ip of the main AP router which is 192.168.0.1 and I do the same for DNS. The secondary router ip is 192.168.0.253. DHCP on the primary starts at .100. On the secondary router below client bridge The ip Default GW mode has dhcp checked on it. On the secondary I create the wireless vlan. After this the bridge connection is made. Under wireless in status everything looks good. I unplug the ethernet of the secondary. I'm able to ping the 192.168.0.253, even though the ehternet cable has been pulled  from a wired pc fine. I go ahead and connect a wireless system to the vlan I created on the secondary router and I'm able to ping both the gateway and outside. The issue I'm having is that it tries to go out through the 192.168.0.253 ip which is the wired port and I get 4 replies and 4 failures. Also if I plug in the wire to the secondary it slows down access tremendously to the network. like if it is sending through bother interfaces. I'm I missing something here. thanks

both routers are wzr-hp-g450h on firmware Firmware: DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (05/27/11) std .  I tried this also with the latest alpah firmware and same issue. thanks

ping 192.168.0.1

from 192.168.0.1 sent received 3

from 192.168.0.253 destination host unreachable

Aveyer

• Big Bull
Re: Client bridge setup on wzr-hp-g450h
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 03:04:33 PM »

If I remember correctly, DD-WRT doesn't support client bridge mode unless WDS is used? It only supports routed client even though it says "client bridge".

JJG

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 03:18:39 PM »

I have two g450 and want to connect two separate networks with it - one network with an existing internet VDSL router. I have all testet. The origin firmware, the newest firmware, the user friendly firmware. I read all existing hints and documents from the forum  and so on.

I get a connection between the two devices but I get no bridge! With my two DLINK DWL 2100 AP absolute no problem! But with this devices no chance. 

Where are the problems???

iga3k

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 09:30:19 AM »

I had a similar problem and turned out to be a dd wrt issue regarding the relay deamon (relayd)

Check this post out:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=674793#674793