Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH newer firmware doesn't play nice with Apple products  (Read 1472 times)

wcarlson40

• Calf

I see that this issue has been raised before with other routers, but I will post it again because it has not been resolved.  Just FYI.

When upgrading to V24-SP2 build 17798 for the WZR-HP-G300NH (Version 1), I cannot get any Apple iPod or iPhone to connect through wifi.  It will actually look like it is connected, but you cannot get any internet access on the device.  I tried messing with all the Advanced wireless settings, etc, but it was still no go.

I downgraded back to build 14998 and everything works again.  I suppose this could be an Apple issue, but there are way many more Apple devices out there than there are Buffalo routers, and the iPod's and iPhone's work fine on other routers.

Thanks,

Wade

buddee

• Big Bull
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH newer firmware doesn't play nice with Apple products
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 05:37:59 AM »

The main problem i have found when using Apple products with dd-wrt is 2 things..

A) You are using No DNS Rebind option in Services > DNSMasq Options (and no, don't bother looking in 14998, the option wasn't implemented yet)

B) Your apple device doesn't like your ISP's DNS servers, so you'd need to use either google's dns servers or opendns servers.

C) Or could be both.

Either way, its a problem with how apple uses their proprietary services that conflict with standard network setups, something they need to fix...

wcarlson40

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH newer firmware doesn't play nice with Apple products
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 12:20:06 PM »

It must be the DNS Rebind thing, because I'm already using OpenDNS.   I'll give it a try again, thanks,