Author Topic: WBMR-HP-GNV2 - Issues  (Read 20802 times)

edinburgh

• Calf
Re: WBMR-HP-GNV2 - Issues
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 03:38:01 PM »

yes, we do. it says in the post guidlines on the main page. nevertheless, there are no such fora in the uk, otherwise we'd be using them. also, you might have the power/willingness to notify those guys in japan about the problems we've had with those buffalo routers sold in europe. that would be very kind of you anyway. at the moment, we're sold products that ain't working properly. 

banker

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 12:23:35 AM »

BUFFALO    is a  business that  takes  the  money  from  Interbational customers and pockets the money  the same as USA  customers  who pay....  In  the USA  credit  and  exchange  or  REFUND of cash is simple done every day...

The army of attorneys funded by USA  customers  make sure  simple REFUNDS are simple

Outside the USA BUFFALO pockets the money of customers  that pay non regulated agents or mom  pop stores that are authorized by BUFFALO to perform  sales and services...  Outside the USA BUFFALO products are at the mercy

of local stores operated by  mom  and pop or stores operated by people with zero responsibility of technical skills..

The stores get their  33%  prfit  and point to FACTORY SUPPORT  outside the USA....

treetOK?  so you buy an American product name in the USA  assembled by ? Japan and then left on the street

facing support  monkeys who can not support BUFFALO factory problems...

The answer is simple  the  monkeys  at BUFFALO shoul establish a direct factory  customer service response

and not authorize international agents who do not help the international customer... They only take the money

and make the sale...

I AM SURPRISED BUFFALO NOT LIABLE FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER TROUBLE CORRESPONDENCE

HOWEVER SINCE  THE REST OF THE INTERNATIONAL WORLD HAS NO POLICE WITH ARMY OF ATTORNEYS THE PRIVILEGE OF REFUNDS AND SUPPORT REMAIN INSIDE THE USA

A good  strong business  always   reply  and  look  for  answers to customer problems... 

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »

Hello Banker

Please provide the FW revision you are using, and the country in which the product was purchased.

Provide the contact information of the support you contacted, and the ISPs you are using (all additional information about them, as they are outside the USA and unknown to us, will be helpful)

If you can provide logs that occurred right before the disconnects, that is important as well,

Thank you,

admin

banker

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 03:42:27 AM »

The list of available firmware.

Select Version Update history Note:

1.01linkRelease version
1.00linkRelease version

Current Version : V1.01_0.04AP

purchase  from United Kingdom based, global stores ASIA  http://www.tescolotus.net/th/index.html

contact information BUFFALO USA support on box.. 

There are 8  BUFFALO routers in realestate IPcamera service  at  

Thailand   http://www.3bb.co.th/

Vietnam    http://www.vnpt.com.vn/

The IPcameras are MayGion and AXIS  seperate manufacturers but very similar SCRIPTS EMBEDDED to updateWAN IP ISP changes periodicaly at 10 minute increments... and also update NTS server time at 24 hour increments...  In between query the IPcamera are sending MPJPG video frames at slow 3 frames per second..

IP camera event log   the camera is operating correct this is a periodic  repetitive IPcamera query sent on the BUFFALO LAN port.  The Port number is Port Forwarded as camera LAN IP..  The camera operates with no problems and at random FALL OFF the LAN...

When the BUFFALO router disconnect the LAN the camera green power light is good.. the camera yellow data light blinks rapid (NOT NORMAL) shows dim low light and the camera has blue light indicating network not conncted trouble...  Attaching a laptop NOW to the LAN , can not,  the LAN is frozen... only the lights on buffalo and network lights on cat5 show connection but zero data..the LAN is frozen...

ntp  smtp  ftp  upnp  dhcp  wire  wifi pppoe 

Event LOG camera Viewer

ddns 

Indextimemodulelevelmsg

1205-03 14:22:29DdnsInfoUpdateDdns:provider=[tridro],usr=[ab45xx],ddns=[ab45xx.iview.hk],enable=[1]
1305-03 14:22:29DdnsInfoMeiBu return[55223.207.82.xxx&&&&&3487&&&]
1405-03 14:22:29DdnsInfoGetWanIPByMeiBu#wanip=[223.207.82.xxx]
1505-03 14:22:29DdnsInfowan ip=[223.207.82.xxx]
1605-03 14:22:29DdnsInfoparse ddns[ab45xx.iview.hk] to ip[223.207.82.xxx

2005-03 14:22:40UpnpInfoAddPortMapping(551xx)
2105-03 14:22:40UpnpInfoadd port map...
2205-03 14:22:43UpnpInfoadd port map ok
2305-03 14:23:07OemInfoCDdns_SmartEye::Process()
2405-03 14:23:27OemWarningFail Connect
2505-03 14:24:08OemInfoCDdns_SmartEye::Process()

3005-03 14:25:08OemInfoCDdns_SmartEye::Process()
3105-03 14:25:29OemWarningFail Connect
3205-03 14:26:09OemInfoCDdns_SmartEye::Process()

3605-03 14:26:46UpnpInfoAddPortMapping(551xx)
3705-03 14:26:46UpnpInfoadd port map...
3805-03 14:26:49UpnpInfoadd port map ok
3905-03 14:27:10OemInfoCDdns_SmartEye::Process()
4005-03 14:27:30OemWarningFail Connect
4105-03 14:28:11OemInfoCDdns_SmartEye::Process()
4205-03 14:28:31OemWarningFail Connect
4305-03 14:28:32UpnpInfoupnp init
4405-03 14:28:40UpnpInfodiscover ok
4505-03 14:28:43UpnpInfoAddPortMapping(551xx)
4605-03 14:28:43UpnpInfoadd port map...
4705-03 14:28:46UpnpInfoadd port map ok
4805-03 14:29:11OemInfoCDdns_SmartEye::Process()
4905-03 14:29:31OemWarningFail Connect
5005-03 14:30:12OemInfoCDdns_SmartEye::Process()
5105-03 14:30:32OemWarningFail Connect
5205-03 14:30:33UpnpInfoupnp init
5305-03 14:30:42UpnpInfodiscover ok
5405-03 14:30:45UpnpInfoAddPortMapping(55187)
5505-03 14:30:45UpnpInfoadd port map...
5605-03 14:30:48UpnpInfoadd port map ok

7505-03 14:35:37DdnsInfoUpdateDdns:provider=[tridro],usr=[ab4561],ddns=[ab45xx.iview.hk],enable=[1]
7605-03 14:35:45DdnsWarningFail GetWanIPByMeiBu#recvfrom
7705-03 14:35:45DdnsInfoget wan ip use dyndns
7805-03 14:35:45DdnsInfodyndns html=[HTTP/1.1 200 OK Content-Type: text/html Server: DynDNS-CheckIP/1.0 Connection: close Cache-Control: no-cache Pragma: no-cache Content-Length: 106 <html><head><title>Current IP Check</title></head><body>Current IP Address: 223.207.82.xxx</body></html> ]
7905-03 14:35:45DdnsInfowan ip=[223.207.82.xxx]
8005-03 14:35:46DdnsInfoparse ddns[ab4561.iview.hk] to ip[223.207.82.xxx]
8105-03 14:35:46DdnsInfowan and ddns ip is match,skip update
8205-03 14:36:16OemInfo

CDdns_SmartEye::Process()

please return  a valid  email   i  can  not  send  all the  logs    this email  stop at 20000 characters...   

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 03:44:10 PM »

From what exact country were the WBMR's purchased, so I can route the support to the exact correct country?

Each Buffalotech  area subsidiary has different support locations and separate upper management.

Thank you,

Admin

banker

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 05:24:51 AM »

Ok I understand where you are going with this problem using  8  WBMR-HP-GNV2 - Issues routers....It would make no sense to reiterate this problem is and was created by the software employee who is or was responsible coding the BUFFALO firmware...  This is not a country or location of purchase issue..  The local

people who sold the  WBMR-HP-GNV2 - Issues are inside ASIA...  Thailand

These people have no skills have no knowledge to software code new firmware that has failed at random...

You have stated asthe Administrator that you havedirect access to the factory inside JAPAN and that you can deliver the  WBMR-HP-GNV2 - Issues trouble to the people who understand what or why the LAN stop..   IT MAY BE A SIMPLE  TTL time out or other timer  relevant issue that freezes the router....

Local sales people do not understand  WBMR-HP-GNV2 - Issues firmware software and can only

deliver a lot of noise up the distribution chain entering back to the factory software support section..

If you want to head in another direction and assist with the cost of refunding 8 routers along with

additional expenses to replace a small business operation then we can work on attorneys to solve

the defective software issue...

You do not consider how many of these NEW routers are sold every day and you do not consider

the application of Dynamic  Domain Name Server with static IP camera feeds...  

This is not a general me too router application installation...  The KEY word is DDNS IPcamera

continuous video streaming router application....  Only a handful of people understand what we are

talking about...  not to mention firmware software timers...  step by step parsing protocals...

Can you open the eye of the BUFFALO sleeping giant and call the correct factory boys to respond???

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 09:35:47 AM »

Now that I know the country of origin (different countries can also have different firmwares), I can proceed with contacting the correct person and report these issues.

Regards,

Admin

edinburgh

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 10:12:48 AM »

hiya dr memory

can i just say that i've experienced disconnections, too - i'm based in the uk. however, as i got rid of my buffalo router (wbmr-gp-gnv2) i'm unable to confirm whether they continue or not with the new firmware. it appears to me that there's a problem with the router sending an echo signal to the exchange (BritishTelecom exchange, which in the UK is the owner of the whole telephone network) to check if the router is still online.

thanks.

banker

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 12:47:04 AM »

These routers are relative NEW product sales outside the USA.. The firmware is listed as the

WBMR-HP-GNV2 and the language is clear English...  I see one other user having same problem

in the United Kingdom//  

There is and there are very small difference inside the router firmware..  The international use of routers and protocals are universal code used to keep the internet hardware talking...

You must stop looking for foreign firmware trouble beyond the applicatin of foreign language to talk toWBMR-HP-GNV2

the router... problem is that the router LAN freezes... the router LAN  data freezes..  no further communication on the LAN is possible... So please do not deviate away from the exact trouble

description...  The firmware  WBMR-HP-GNV2  has no "WATCHDOG" code that others use to

recover, reset, reboot, from hardware software ERROR...

The router operates NORMAL as a simple four port N150 WBMR-HP-GNV2 router for mom and

pop home customers...   HOWEVER the WBMR-HP-GNV2 has advanced application used by a

few customers... to PORT FORWARD video audion hardware attached to the WBMR-HP-GNV2

LAN ports...  Now if the Audio Video Voip hardware has embeded Dynamic Domain Name Server

firmware that periodicaly updates the customers WAN IP address then here is where the BUFFALO

router has trouble...

Maybe it is short instead of long TTL  or overload from repetitive DDNS request waiting for a

successful update...  I have software disconnected NTS time update and switched from DDNS

services testing for a FAIL LAN pattern,,,

The LAN stops at random,,,  I observe the most critical times of FAILURE is on the hour at the

time of updating a WAN IP that was changed by the ISP... I log the new WAN IP address after

the BUFFALO is RESET REBOOT

When I arrive at a dead camera FEED location I see the YELLOW LAN LED dim rapid blinking

and have no access to the BUFFALO router LAN frozen until reset 

banker

• Calf
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 01:03:27 AM »

ONE OTHER MAJOR ISSUE SINCE YOU TALK ABOUT INTERNATIONAL FIRMWARE

WBMR-HP-GNV2 has only TWO USA embedded DDNS service providers locked inside what you reference as INTERNATIONAL...   There are hundreths of INTERNATIONAL DDNS services out

of the USA and can not be entered into the BUFFALO WBMR-HP-GNV2 router

You may ask JAPAN to use parts of the TOMATO firmware and permit TRUE INTERNATIONAL

use of the BUFFALO WBMR-HP-GNV2 router advanced capability...

I do not understand WHY United Kingdom or Thailand or JAPAN is forced to use United States Of

America DDNS paid business providers...   OPEN the BUFFALO WBMR-HP-GNV2 firmware and

let customer ENTER other then USA solicited paid DDNS service providers....

This does put another fallacy behind international firmware secrets that are adjusted using

plain old ENGLISH MENU forcing USA paid service subscriptions...  LOOK at DDNS MENU

in the BUFFALO WBMR-HP-GNV2 router

TOMATO was a BUFFALO firmware that permit older very old routers from LINK sys to open

access control menu...

banker

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 02:04:32 AM »

I am not sure if all people who read this trouble with BUFFALO router do understand what is

the purpose of using DDNS MENU embedded inside BUFFALO routers  mdel WBMR-HP-GNV2

and locked between  TZO.com   and DyNDNS.com  USA  service provider subscriptions

This web link from CISCO routers explains DDNS 

http://www.firewall.cx/cisco-technical-knowledgebase/cisco-routers/811-cisco-router-ddns.html

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2012, 03:46:01 PM »

I have contacted the person in charge of Support for the entire region and am waiting on their reply. They may contact banker directly.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 10:00:54 AM »

I am conversing back and forth with the Support/Quality management in Japan, and have sent them all the details, including logs of the issue with the disconnection amnd the other issue with embedded DDNS service providers and that you can't update this to use any of the hundreds on other internation DDNS services outside the USA.

They will be investigating this and I will forward information to you, as I get it.

banker

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 03:16:30 AM »

THANK YOU       THANK  YOU          THANK YOU        DOMO  ARRIGATO  JAPAN

This is the best news I receive since the purchase and installation of eight BUFFALO WBMR-HP-GNV2 routers...   Since the last message I was forced to travel to 3 three locations to rset power to the BUFFALO WBMR-HP-GNV2 router..

At each location the LAN is frozen...  unable to connect a laptop to the BUFFALO WBMR-HP-GNV2 router to view error logs...   The power light for the CAT5 attached camera is good and the yellow DATA light blinks rapidly dim...  

Please advise BUFFALO JAPAN,  I am willing and able to test BEAT firmware and able to send TEST

results...  because I preffer SOLUTIONS not EMOTIONS...  over Emotions no Solution..

Pleaseadvise BUFFALO JAPAN  to consider a software WATCHDOG added to firmware to REBOOT

or RESET software loop freezing the LAN...  The LAN should remain ONLINE under all conditions

to maintain attached hardware DATA TRANSFFER connections assigned to seperate isolated LAN IP address...  At this time all 4 ports are frozen unable to communicate when trouble starts...

I have left one laptop at the camera location... The laptop has CISCO NETWORK MAGIC software that can display the picture of the connected network....  The picture shows that the LAPTOP was disconnected from the LAN NETWORK ...   POWER CYCLE THE BUFFALO ROUTER reset the laptop to original LAN address and also the IPcamera start at the assigned LAN address as the

BUFFALO WBMR-HP-GNV2 router connects DSL and connect INTERNET the CISCO map of the

network is completed working....   UNTIL THE TROUBLE STARTS AGAIN

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012, 02:39:08 PM »

Hello,

Support is asking:

As our tech person's suggestion, the loopback may happen in user's LAN network so the user can't access to the LAN network through the Internet.

It looks like LAN network or the router freezes.

He said the symptom recovers when he reboot one of the devices such as the router, the computer or the IP camera.

So if possible, we would like him to test connect only one devices in the LAN network with the router, WBMR-HP-GNV2, and check if the symptom may happen or not.

Not sure there are any person in the LAN network to add some devices, but do not connect any devices while checking for the symptom.