Author Topic: WBMR-HP-GNV2 - Issues  (Read 20808 times)

edinburgh

• Calf
WBMR-HP-GNV2 - Issues
« on: December 15, 2011, 10:36:13 AM »

Hello All

Bought a wbmr-hp-gnv2, but noticed several performance issues - I wonder if someone would clarify whether it's mine or not. So:

1. Random disconnections

This router randomly disconnects the Internet - I've no idea whether it's the problem with the PPPoA or something, but a TP-Link 8960 router doesn't do that.

2. Client monitor

Sometimes, depite being wirelessly connected, my Macbook is not seen in the Client Monitor.

3. Firmware upgrade

Whenever I choose 'upgrade firmware live' I get a message 'No Internet connection', despite being connected to the Internet.

http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k594/edinburgh2011/

Please share your experience.

Thanks.

AndyG

• Calf
Re: WBMR-HP-GNV2 - Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:31:41 AM »

I am having exactly the same issues.  I can successfully connect to DSL and my service provider but I intermittently (within 20 mins) lose the connection and the router generally fails to reconnect.  I have tried a number of hardware solutions (changing filters, unplugging the phone etc) but once a connection has been lost it seems the only way to rectify the problem is to restart the router.  

I had hoped there was a firmware update that would fix the problem but I have had the same experience of the on-line updater.

I'm giving this another day or two and then sending the router back.

edinburgh

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 09:05:50 AM »

Hi Andy

There is a similar post on plusnet's website describing problems with this router (http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,98806.0.html) and there was one (a review) on ebuyer's website (http://www.ebuyer.com/279346-buffalo-airstation-wireless-n-highpower-adsl-modem-router-wbmr-hp-gnv2-eu), but they took it down.

I've sent mine back as faulty (currently under investigation) and got a new one, TPLink 8960 (Amazon), as well and so far there's no synch issues.

It's a great shame as I really like Buffalo products and this router was perfect for me with its energy saving features.

I've also read here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,78341.0.html

that changing settings to PPPoE and LLU may help. As I don't have my Buffalo at the mo, I can't test this.

Best

edinburgh

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 09:15:15 AM »

Would someone pls notify the engineers in Japan about these problems to get a firmware update - it looks like this is not an isolated case.

Other issues that bother me:

- no daylight saving option to correct the summer vs. winter time

- no way of selecting authentication type (chap etc)

- pressing the aoss button to wake up the router screws up the eco mode - the router doesn't follow it until a reboot is done.

Thanks.

AndyG

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 05:24:55 PM »
Yup, this's certainly seems to be a serious bug. For anyone else that runs across this thread, in at least my case the Internet status says "Disconnecting Phase" forever even if you disconnect and reconnect. The only thing that solves the issue is manually restarting the router. I'll try to find an email address for Buffalo but I will be returning my router.

Sad face.

edinburgh

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 04:35:18 AM »

dunno what provider you're with (i'm with virgin national) but try changing settings from 'pppoa' to 'pppoe' and from 'vc-mux' to 'llc (snap).' it doesn't drop pppoa sessions anymore.

edinburgh

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 05:59:28 PM »

OK. I got a replacement router (completely new) and there are similar problems to the ones I had before, except that the 'Live update firmware' feature now works. So to reiterate:

1. Frequent disconnections, regardless whether the settings are set to PPPoA (VCMUX) or PPPoE (LLC).

2. Wireless clients appear lost (after some time) in the Wireless Monitor - see my photos above.

3. No daylight saving feature, resulting in the wrong time in the summer.

4. Pressing AOSS when the ECO mode (wireless off) is on brings the router out of sleep, but then the router needs to be rebooted for the ECO mode to follow it again.

5. TXBurst feature is neither described in the help (right hand pane) nor in the manual.

6. Problems with DHCP - clients connecting to the router often get an address assigned already to another client resulting in conflict (after they've been awaken from the sleep mode).

7. 'Check connection' doesn't work with my ISP provider (I'm unable to test it with other providers) - I always get a message that there is neither PPPoA nor PPPoE server to be found - see photos above.

So, until the above issues are addressed my Buffalo is going back to its box.

banker

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 12:39:10 AM »

i have eight   (8)  WBMR-HP-GNV2  purchased last month  with same  trouble...

The symptom is the LAN connection freeze.. lost internet connection... reboot clears the trouble..

I am using  several  different  IPcameras  on BUFFALO  WBMR-HP-GNV2 port 4  to CAT5 camera

The cameras have periodic   DDNS - WAN-IP  whatsmyIP,com  ((( updates change of ISP camera

address)))..  The updates respond SUCCESS if the local ISP has not cahanged the WAN IP address

of IPcamera...  

I notice at  random  one day to seven  days? The  ISP services change WAN IP address to cameras...  

I notice IPcamera   informs at this time, updates  DDNS service point to new IPcamera ISP WAN 

address...    

About  this  time, at random,  Buffalo WBMR-HP-GNV2  disconnect from internet ISP and

kills  access to LAN ports...  

I can only work, ONE local, not on LAN network computer, can not see LAN attached camera or

LAN attached computer or  connect to administer the Buffao  WBMR-HP-GNV2 router... All the

connections to WBMR-HP-GNV2 are lost until I power on off the WBMR-HP-GNV2 or the camera

or the other computer...  changing computer changing  cameras  are  no  help.. same  trouble..

Reboot the power and all LAN  attached IP are working visible  until  the above   DDNS mismatch and

update starts again...  

I not understand why the local LAN ports on the Buffalo  WBMR-HP-GNV2 router freeze up...  

The Buffalo WBMR-HP-GNV2 should keep LAN  alive to perform administration control service..

However all connection to the Buffalo WBMR-HP-GNV2 from the 4 port LAN  are  dead  lost

all attached  LAN devices fall off are not connected...  The problem  can be resolved

either  power  on  off  the Buffalo WBMR-HP-GNV2   router...   or  for  example  power  on  off  on  the IP

camera..

It may be a DDNS  update  delay  problem  or Buffalo time out delay problem  or  loss of  next  action

software instruction steps.. to receive next software step ...  a  timeout  sending Buffalo router  to freeze

up all local LAN..  LAN not respond to connected powered  LAN  devices   Make no difference if LAN

is assigned  static  or  DHCP  priority  or  MAC  selected LAN  address 

*****************************************************************************************************************

I have eight brand new Buffalo routers and several different cameras  along with different locations also

different ISP and DDNS paid  services.. I am trying to use cameras to show property rentals..  So I do

need a dependable ADSL connection to broadcast IPcamera property details  24/7...   

At present I must travel to each camera  and power cycle the Buffaloa WBMR-HP-GNV2 turn on LAN

to  regain  camera  services..  

BUFFALO support  has no ideas what I am talking about

I noticed a firmware update to version 1.01  (repair ping  issue)  I begin testing last week

edinburgh

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 04:16:32 AM »

i know it's pathetic. let us know how you get on withwith the new firmware.

if the new firmware doesn't improve things, i'd say, sell your routers on ebay or send them back to buffalo to deal with their crraappy product.

i got rid of mine and i'm happy. never again buffalo. sorry.

banker

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 02:44:14 AM »

Hi

So far only one  camera  need  reboot  the  router...  out  of  eight   using  new firmware

update from BUFFALO  (resolve ping  issues)

I know  this  may  be  stupid   questions....  however    why  not  ask  one  more  time...

Who is  or  better yet  where  are the technical  support  people  responsible  for BUFFALO

new firmware   release  updates...  The  people  who cut and paste the  code  the  firmware

If its JAPAN  the link broke... I would be  willing  to  forward  BETA  TEST  to these people

to help them  think.. To help wake solutions...  The BUFFALO trouble  issues on the network

using BUFFALO routers...  

Customers in trouble need  somebody answer...   Willing to wait answer...   SOLUTIONS

NOT EMOTIONS.... or talk JAPAN backward...  EMOTIONS NOT SOLUTIONS

banker

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 02:45:20 AM »

Hi

So far only one  camera  need  reboot  the  router...  out  of  eight   using  new firmware

update from BUFFALO  (resolve ping  issues)

I know  this  may  be  stupid   questions....  however    why  not  ask  one  more  time...

Who is  or  better yet  where  are the technical  support  people  responsible  for BUFFALO

new firmware   release  updates...  The  people  who cut and paste the  code  the  firmware

If its JAPAN  the link broke... I would be  willing  to  forward  BETA  TEST  to these people

to help them  think.. To help wake solutions...  The BUFFALO trouble  issues on the network

using BUFFALO routers...  

Customers in trouble need  somebody answer...   Willing to wait answer...   SOLUTIONS

NOT EMOTIONS.... or talk JAPAN backward...  EMOTIONS NOT SOLUTIONS

WBMR-HP-GNV2

edinburgh

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 03:02:21 AM »

i don't know mate. it'd be a good idea to have a sumbission form to send all bugs. buffalo support in the uk is pathetic.

anyway, i ditched my buffalo for a tp-link router and it's absolutely fab. it's cheap and it's based on a broadcom chipset and it's so much better! if you're in europe, amazon.co.uk will send you them for free, providing that the total comes up to at least 25 quid (you need to select amazon.co.uk as a seller). here's the link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TD-W8960N-300MBPS-Wireless-connections/dp/B0031SUB4S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335427265&sr=8-1

banker

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 10:02:22 PM »

today  good  morning.....  two  IP camera dead...

I had  to travel  to each  BUFFALO  router  location   and  power  down  power  up  REBOOT to get cameras

online..

The problem  is  the two  different  locations  the two different  ISP services....  The two  cameras  fall off

the BUFAL Local Area Network...   The  cameras   have  yellow  data  light   on  and  green  power light

on  indicating  CAT5  hard wire LAN  connection to the BUFFALO  router LAN port...

The BUFFALO  router LAN port  time out?   freeze?  does not KEEP ALIVE  the  wired LAN port connection...

So  the new  firmware (resolveping issues)  does not   resolve  the  LAN  KEEP ALIVE connection....

I do want to trash 8  eight  new  BUFFALO routers with  NO TECH  SUPPORT  even when BUFFALO

is at fault  destroy  my  real estate  rental  business... A good  attorney wants  facts  what is and who is

the trouble  maker creting  my  business lost...

As long  as BUFFALO  tech  support  use   smoke  and mirrors,  refuse to reply.  refuse to answer, it

may be BUFFALO  does  not  want to make  statement that may  incriminate a software mistake   or

it  may be they have people  with little  education to support   customer problem trouble  

A good  strong business  always   reply  and  look  for  answers to customer problems... 

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 07:56:00 AM »

seriously for your mission critical work why risk using the buffalo router/modems?  i use draytek adsl routers and even the tp-link td-w8960n is a very good option for business use. very reliable.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 12:54:02 PM »
You guys do know that these are us forums right? And also that these devices are not even sold in the us?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!