Author Topic: G300NH2 Firmware Up/Downgrade  (Read 2345 times)

vincentyws

• Calf
G300NH2 Firmware Up/Downgrade
« on: May 08, 2012, 11:41:22 PM »

I've just upgraded the router firmware to the latest dd-wrt version (which was downloaded form Buffalo site). After upgrading, I found that some functions were disappeared, such as BT and ECO. (Actually, it was because I didn't read the firmware differences before upgrading --_--" ).

I tried to downgrade it to user friendly mode v1.8 but failed. According to the user manual, it stated that users can switch between Professional and User-Friendly firmware. Could anyone suggest a possible solution for downgrading?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

CarterMarkham

• Calf
Re: G300NH2 Firmware Up/Downgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 01:23:25 PM »

Same here, want userfriendly

luisc

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 09:31:38 PM »

i also want userfrinedly but i get the upgrade failed message. i contacted buffalo support but the technician hasn't responded to my reply about this issue. im also having issues where the router's mac addresses are all the same for wan, wireless, and lan. also the cpu load is never at rest...if buffalo is watching this thread please fix this issue.  i feel stranded in an island with no hope.

CarterMarkham

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:29:45 AM »
Well my V2 is bricked...I called and told then what I wanted. We tried the usual, and also downloaded the cd image which didn't work. He put me on hold, came back and said we were going to try the V1 firmware. Well it's now bricked and an RMA has been issued. He told me he cannot guarantee that the replacement will have the user friendly or not.

I called again yesterday to find out why my RMA is held up. They were pretty good about it. Paying for return shipping and making sure I get the user friendly firmware.
I'm not happy with Buffalo at all though. This router does not have the coverage as expected or depicted in their little drawing. Since I need to have a router I bought the next one up, the 450. As far as I'm concerned they can keep the bricked 300v2.

luisc

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 07:59:52 PM »
poopers, sounds like a really bad experience with buffalo. i purchased a wzr hp ag300h about a year ago. this router was great except for the professional fw didn't work well enough. but the wzr hp g300nh2 is a horrible buggy piece of hardware...