Author Topic: Client DHCP Issues Using G300NH a Repeater with AG300H  (Read 1562 times)

SweetBlackMagic

• Calf
Client DHCP Issues Using G300NH a Repeater with AG300H
« on: December 03, 2011, 01:30:16 PM »

I bought an AG300H unit this week to be replace a G300NH as my main unit upstairs, and want to move my G300NH downstairs as a repeater to simply extend my wireless range.  Setting the G300 as Client Bridge, I am able to get the units associated without issue.  I can even plug my laptop (with a static IP) into the G300 and surf the Internet fine.  However, the only way any client can obtain a DHCP address from the primary router (wired or wireless) is if I turn Wireless Security completely off.  Every combination of WPA security I have tried prevents clients from obtaining an IP address.

The two units will stay associated when I apply security, but DHCP will not function.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I've been through multiple threads here and on the DD-WRT wiki, and it seems most issues with security result in the units not seeing each other...but have found next to nothing regarding wireless client and/or DHCP issues.  I haven't tried WEP, but that's almost like turning it off anyway :)

Regards,

Matthew

SweetBlackMagic

• Calf
Re: Client DHCP Issues Using G300NH a Repeater with AG300H
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 01:38:47 PM »

I should add that it is only the Virtual SSID I have the DHCP issues with...the "original" SSID works fine regardless of security.

Also...

G300NH - build 14998 (Official Buffalo)

AG300H - build 15940 (Official Buffalo)

Regards,

Matthew

SweetBlackMagic

• Calf
Re: Client DHCP Issues Using G300NH a Repeater with AG300H
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 01:32:48 PM »

Using WDS worked...I had tried it earlier and then thought I read somewhere that you could not use wireless clients with WDS...only direct connections to the WDS AP.  All seems to be working well now!