Author Topic: Astonished WZR-HP-AG300H DYNDNS client NOT WORKS!  (Read 3851 times)

openaspace

• Calf
Astonished WZR-HP-AG300H DYNDNS client NOT WORKS!
« on: December 03, 2011, 08:12:10 AM »

Hello to all!

I'm realy confused that a router like this with  quality and power have a problem with the dynamic client updates for dynamic ip to hostname.

I have seen more post about this problem, and i have updated first the firmware to the latest stable version, without results, and now i have upgraded to the latest beta firmware DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (05/25/11) std (SVN revision 17135) and the client continue to not work.

This is incredible.

I hope that there is a solution hidden to me!

Regards.

buddee

• Big Bull
Re: Astonished WZR-HP-G300NH DYNDNS client NOT WORKS!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 08:46:54 AM »

I am even more astonished that you have 17135, which is only available to the WZR-HP-AG300H, you sure you have a WZR-HP-G300NH as your title implies?

openaspace

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 10:32:06 AM »

oh yes is the WZR-HP-AG300H, a copy and paste error. 

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 11:02:26 AM »

Until the next build comes out, i would advise that if DDNS is a requirement for you, to roll back to the 15940 build that is available for that unit. DDNS is fixed in the source tree, but until the devs decide to compile and release a newer build, rolling back to an older build is the only way you can have a functioning DDNS.

humkar

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 11:27:58 AM »
Hey buddee where can i get the 15940 build abd is it a community build or buffalo dd wrt build?

openaspace

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 11:30:32 AM »

Thanks-you very much for the support response.

The basic version of the firmware avaiable on the cddisk with the package have a stable firmware where the dydns client works.

Thanks.

Regards.

openaspace

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 12:07:01 PM »

but the 15940 version is the originary installed version made with the router , this version already not work with the dyndns updates http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-AG300H 

is only the a not branded firmware or is different and the dyndns clients works?

thanks for assitance.

Regards.

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 12:29:35 PM »

Its a buffalo dd-wrt build, and its on the buffalo downloads support page for this unit.

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 12:31:10 PM »

No to be offensive here, but being that you have little knowing of what you are doing, i would stick with the buffalo dd-wrt builds. And are you sure 15940's DDNS doesn't work? The function wasn't broken in the dd-wrt source until build 16778.

openaspace

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 12:42:03 PM »

in the previous firmware, installed when i have buyed it , i'm sure that the dyndns client doesn't work,

i have tried and retried without results... now i'm working with a client update on a local ubuntu vps.

i have worked for one year with an linksys wrt54g and ddwrt without problems with dyndns etc..

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 01:23:51 PM »

Linksys wrt54g units are broadcom based chips, Atheros chips, which is what the new buffalos are based on, are entirely different. And for the record, the DDNS bug effected all dd-wrt builds, even the newer builds for the wrt54g, its a system wide bug, not platform dependent.

There are community builds of dd-wrt in which DDNS works, but as i said, you'd do better sticking with the buffalo dd-wrt builds until you have more understanding of what you are doing and how the buffalo dd-wrt builds vs. the community builds work. Example, if you flash a community build, you not only void your warranty, unless you know how to flash back and forth using TFTP, you'll be stuck with a community build with no hopes of being able to flash back to buffalo dd-wrt builds. Google all this info, its there.

openaspace

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 02:11:34 PM »

Ok, thanks i understand.

I will abstain to use a unofficial firmware.

Than, what verified firmware i can try to install to have the dyndns client working correctly?

Now i'm using the latest beta from buffalo ftp site.

Other alternative is to build a custim sh script.

Thanks for the support.

openaspace

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 09:48:26 AM »

Hi,

I have restored the old firmware and for the 90% of the events the dyndns seem to works.

But now, the second wireless interface is crazy.

The first interface is in G  and second wifii only in N modality, but it not appear to the client, or if appear, is realy slow near 5-6 bps and sometimes i can connect to the N wifii but not assign me a dhcp ip!

All this is normal?!

Thanks for support.

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 02:54:46 PM »

There is a newer build out now for the AG300H, 17798, you may want to give it a try and see if it works any better for you.