Author Topic: Trouble with port forwarding  (Read 1191 times)

aangel

  • Calf
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Trouble with port forwarding
« on: November 22, 2011, 05:55:57 pm »

Hi, I've read several threads here related to port forwarding problems and their solutions don't seem to apply in my case.

 

Here is my setup:

WZR-HP-AG300H

Firmware: DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (12/17/10) std - build 15940

Comcast Cable

Passes through a Scientific Atlanta cable modem (this is a "dumb" cable modem and forwarding was working with the previous router)

 

netstat -a shows that port 80 is listening

 

Shields Up shows that port 80 is open.

 

A ping from outside my local network shows a response:

# ping enviromentors.com
PING enviromentors.com (98.210.140.236) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from c-98-210-140-236.hsd1.ca.comcast.net (98.210.140.236): icmp_seq=1 ttl=49 time=92.8 ms

 

A traceroute doesn't get all the way:

 

# traceroute enviromentors.com
traceroute to enviromentors.com (98.210.140.236), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
1 vz435.mediatemple.net (70.32.98.7) 0.038 ms 0.022 ms 0.020 ms
2 ve151.cr01.iad1.mtsvc.net (70.32.64.249) 0.239 ms 0.290 ms 0.302 ms
3 65.97.50.1 (65.97.50.1) 0.309 ms 0.347 ms 0.360 ms
4 cr02-1-3.iad1.net2ez.com (65.97.48.202) 0.304 ms 0.368 ms 0.291 ms
5 br02-1-1.iad2.net2ez.com (65.97.48.253) 0.333 ms 0.387 ms 0.396 ms
6 tge2-2.fr4.iad.llnw.net (69.28.156.169) 3.429 ms 3.553 ms 3.655 ms
7 te-1-14-0-5-cr01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net (66.208.232.225) 1.138 ms te-2-7-0-1-cr01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net (66.208.229.197) 0.677 ms te-2-7-0-7-cr01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net (66.208.228.165) 0.563 ms
8 pos-4-12-0-0-cr01.atlanta.ga.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.88.234) 15.542 ms 15.549 ms 15.538 ms
9 pos-1-13-0-0-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.85.253) 36.570 ms 36.552 ms 36.514 ms
10 pos-0-14-0-0-cr01.losangeles.ca.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.85.141) 69.508 ms 69.489 ms 69.448 ms
11 pos-2-10-0-0-cr01.sanjose.ca.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.87.189) 80.501 ms 80.479 ms 80.438 ms
12 pos-0-9-0-0-ar01.sfsutro.ca.sfba.comcast.net (68.86.90.234) 81.827 ms 81.807 ms 81.812 ms
13 te-9-4-ur01.sfgeary.ca.sfba.comcast.net (68.85.154.37) 82.241 ms 82.445 ms 82.439 ms
14 te-17-10-cdn08.sfgeary.ca.sfba.comcast.net (68.86.143.218) 89.146 ms 83.128 ms 97.747 ms
15 * * *
16 * * *
17 * * *
18 * * *
19 * * *
20 * * *
21 * * *
22 * * *
23 * * *
24 * * *
25 * * *
26 * * *
27 * * *
28 * * *
29 * * *
30 * * *
#

 

Forwarding is set to:

Port 80

192.168.11.9 (I've set this manually on my Mac)

Enabled: checked

 

Mac OS X firewall is off. Router is at 192.168.11.1

 

I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any ideas?

 

Thanks,

André

 


buddee

  • Big Bull
  • *****
  • Posts: 548
Re: Trouble with port forwarding
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 06:03:51 pm »

Any ideas about what? I don't really see a problem here unless you are meaning the traceroute is not completing, which really you have no control of that...

 

Otherwise you may need to add loopback functionality using this code. In your webgui go to Admin > commands enter this code and then save it as firewall.

 

insmod ipt_markinsmod xt_markiptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i ! `get_wanface` -d `nvram get wan_ipaddr` -j MARK --set-mark 0xd001iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -m mark --mark 0xd001 -j MASQUERADE

aangel

  • Calf
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Re: Trouble with port forwarding
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 06:53:39 pm »

Thanks for the response and sorry I wasn't clear.

 

The forwarding is not working.

 

If you visit enviromentors.com, you will not get a response from the webserver on my machine (Mac OS X 10.7.2).


buddee

  • Big Bull
  • *****
  • Posts: 548
Re: Trouble with port forwarding
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 07:35:58 pm »

I see this...

 

Welcome to d7fb


aangel

  • Calf
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Re: Trouble with port forwarding
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 08:28:28 pm »

Hmmm...I took the failed traceroute to mean the world couldn't see the site but I see that was incorrect.

 

I did try your code but then I was unable to see the world from the any device attached to the router. I was able to see the router admin page, though, remove it, reboot and all was back to the initial state.

 

I added enviromentors.com to my local hosts file and now I can see it from my machine AND facebook can see it, too (it's a facebook app).

 

Thank you for the help!