Author Topic: Web Access - Can a whole Folder be downloaded, instead of single files?  (Read 2371 times)

tw21634

• Calf

Just as the subject asks...

Is there any way to download a whole folder instead of just the single files? I like to listen to my music when I'm at work, but I'd LOVE to be able to grab an entire album instead of having to save each file one at a time... very tedious.

TIA

tw21634

• Calf

Really guys? No answer on a REALLY simple question in over a day? I see you mods in other threads, how about a quick "yes" and tell me how, or "no, sorry can't do that yet".

I've tried everything I can think of. And I've searched the forums and knowledge base + user manuals, etc.. and can't find a clue as to whether or not this is possible.

cj6666

• Calf

I am also a newbie using the LinkStation.

I don't think using buffalonas.com gui can download a whole folder. You may have to enable ftp server protocol on the share folder and use ftp instead. But I have never done it. You can look into your manual about how to enable ftp server. These are from my manual.

=================================================== 

FTP Server Info: Enabling the FTP Server will allow users to connect to shares via FTP protocol.

Their username and password is used for their login credentials, and they will only have access to

shares that have read-only or writeable access to on the LinkStation. The network administrator

of your network may need to enable traffic on port 21 to the LinkStation for FTP to work over the

Internet. Enabling FTP is not recommended unless you’ve configured access restrictions. 

======================================================== 

And by the way, do you know how to configure user/group so that share folder can be access only by restricted user? (I am using LinkStation Mini) 

DeanRobinson

• Calf

The best way I have found to transfer more than 1 file at a time is indeed FTP, I use Core FTP Lite "It's Free" and has a very simple interface.

Thanks!

Dean