Author Topic: WZR-HP-G450H wireless goes down when changing wireless channels  (Read 2030 times)

rbreyes

• Calf
WZR-HP-G450H wireless goes down when changing wireless channels
« on: November 10, 2011, 01:00:46 PM »

Hello. Noob here, so please bear with me.  I have a WZR-HP-G450H that's been working like a charm as a wireless AP.  I've had it set to channel 1 since I got it, but that channel is getting crowded, so I tried changing the channel to 4.  When I applied the change, the entire wireless system went down.  Not even Android's excellent wifi analyzer app could find a trace of the router at all, even when I was standing right next to it.  I power-cycled the router  Still no joy.  When I switched it back to channel 1, siddenly it was online again.  

It seems that the only settings that will work are either channel 1 or AUTO.  Setting the channel to anything else brings the whole wireless system down.  

Am I doing something wrong?  Is this a hardware problem?  Appreciate any help here, please.  Channel 1 around me is getting clogged, but 3 and 4 are still open and I'd like to use either one,

douglasjboehme

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G450H wireless goes down when changing wireless channels
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »

Changing the channel will cause the wifi signal to restart (or maybe the whole router).  When I change mine, it takes a bit for it to come back.  I'm using WiFi Analyzer as well and can see the signal drop.  After a bit, the wifi light on the front starts blinking and I can see it on my Nexus S (Cyanogen ICS) and my Galaxy Tab (Android 3.1).

Aveyer

• Big Bull
Re: WZR-HP-G450H wireless goes down when changing wireless channels
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 06:11:58 PM »

It's normal for wireless to go down while it's changing the channel, it should come up again after 1 minute or so.

Make sure RX and TX chains are set to 1+2+3, and try an ACK value of 0.

If wireless stays down after changing to a different channel try resetting the router and setting up from scratch. It could also be interference but even then wireless should be visible.

You can do a full reset by telnet or SSH and enter:

erase nvramreboot

Then access it at 192.168.11.1 and set it up again.