Author Topic: Issue streaming HD over wired connection using WZR-HP-AG300H  (Read 1607 times)

mjulien77

• Calf
Issue streaming HD over wired connection using WZR-HP-AG300H
« on: November 05, 2011, 12:35:59 PM »

I have a WZR-HP-AG300H running firmware DD-WRT v24SP2 (Build 16519).

I have a WD TV Live Plus that I am using to stream moves from a server on the same network.  The WD Live Plus is connected via 100MB and the server connected via 1GB (both using a cable connection directly to the router).  If I stream a non HD movie then I have no issues and everything works great.  When I try and stream a HD movie from my server i get a lot of lag and it does not play smoothly. (It is unwatchable)

I used to run a Linksys WRT54GL and did not have any issues at all.  I have not changed any of my configuration on my network other than changing the router.  The reason I changed to the Bufallo was for the wireless N and the GB network but it seems the 100MB network on the Linksys is better suited for streaming than the 1GB network on the Bufallo.

I have tried it with the Movie Engine on and off with no difference (I have no idea what this feature is meant to do though). 

I thought to try the standard DD-WRT firmware for this router to see if its an issue with the Bufallo version of the firmware but the DD-WRT site does not have a version of the forware available for this model router.

Is there anything I can do fix this?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Issue streaming HD over wired connection using WZR-HP-AG300H
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 01:06:40 PM »

You can only use the Buffalo DDWRT and the Buffalo friendly version of firmware on our routers. I would suggest flashing to the friendly version of firmware and see if the issue is resolved.