Author Topic: Best Firmware for Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH is here  (Read 49674 times)

TODD

• Calf
Re: Best Firmware for Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH is here
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2012, 03:34:40 AM »

Hi. My problem is the same like famaus with WZR-HP-G300NH and Buffalo PRO DDWRT 19484. The problem with the wired connection between Devices gone with Buffalo PRO DDWRT 17798. Does anyone know how to solve the problem with wired connections in Buffalo PRO DDWRT 19484? Thanks in advance!

borischan

• Calf
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2012, 12:27:21 AM »

19484 hasn't been released in all regions yet, anyone have any ideas why?

famaus

• Calf
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »

After trying several different ways of installing firmware, I am starting to believe that something is wrong within this device and whatever it is, has been fixed in the firmwares > r18024. I even tried the Buffalo's latest PRO firmware for this device and that gives the same problem too.

Will Buffalo consider replacement after using it for almost a year??

scub

• Calf
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2012, 05:18:56 AM »

i have problems with 19484. wireless doesn't work for me. have a lock symbol light on the router and no wireless icon lights up. i went back to older wrt 14998 and it's working again..

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2012, 05:44:44 PM »

You have to make sure that after the flash, you are resetting to defaults either with a 30-30-30 reset or from within telnet.

kaede

• Calf
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2012, 03:18:57 PM »

19484 doesnt save the settings config after rebooting router. my ssid always changed back into the "myroutermacaddress". tried it couple of times. anyone having the same issue ?

fbhenry

• Calf
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »

Hello , Having the same problem as famaus and Todd above. WZR-HP-G300NH,ver 1, build 19484. I have two wired hosts, which cannot ping or otherwise reach each other through router.

I *can* ping that wired host from other hosts connected wirelessly. I also can ping both wired hosts when I have ssh'ed into the router itself. My previous firmware was 14998 with the same settings, and this was not an issue. Thanks for any advice, Fred

moonbug

• Calf
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2012, 05:11:05 PM »

was anyone able to fix the issue so that wired clients can ping and see each other?

borischan

• Calf
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2012, 05:31:42 PM »
Fixed all my problems, bought a Cisco.
Not a murmur for 2weeks, wzr was a daily Pain in the ass.

cucac

• Calf
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2012, 05:33:43 AM »

TODD wrote:

Hi. My problem is the same like famaus with WZR-HP-G300NH and Buffalo PRO DDWRT 19484. The problem with the wired connection between Devices gone with Buffalo PRO DDWRT 17798. Does anyone know how to solve the problem with wired connections in Buffalo PRO DDWRT 19484? Thanks in advance!

I must also say that 19484beta is the best firmware for  both WZR-HP-G300NH and  WZR-HP-G301NH in terms of  wireless connection stability. It's very solid. But on other hand, to resolve the issue with LAN-to-LAN connectivity problem introduced after DD-WRT v18024, I have added gigabit switch after the router and every wired host would then connect to the gigabit switch instead of the router itself. Problem solved. Though this problem solving method may not be suitable for everyone but for me I happen to have the gigabit switch. Hope it helps

moonbug

• Calf
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2012, 06:05:30 PM »

Just curious, aside from Buddee, anyone able to get the wired to wired pc connecting to each other with the beta build? What revision of the router, A2A0?

networkingguy

• Calf
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2012, 02:59:18 AM »

Since upgrading to DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (07/15/12) std (SVN revision 19484) I don't encounter any issues with connectivity for both Wired and Wireless except for the bandwidth graph of wireless. 

My Buffalo code is B0 C0...

meekers

• Calf
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2013, 02:35:28 PM »

Fragster

• Calf
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2013, 08:29:48 AM »

I upgraded my G300NH to the newer 19484 build earlier this week. While it resolved some of the poor wifi issues, it introduced some weird behavior. First being , my wife's Atheros based wifi card stopped getting authenticated to the router (worked fine on the older build). I dug around and discovered the "wireless' mode is broken in the new build. Since I had the setting set to 'N Only', it caused the Atherors based wifi cards not to get authenticated. I changed the mode to "NGMixed" and it connected fine.

Signal was good, especially for 3 of my laptops downstairs in the house. But everytime I'd turn on my Xbox and start playing BLOPS2 online, the router will hiccup momentarily and drop all connections...even wired (I'd get kicked out of Xbox Live). With no intervention, the router would fix itself in 20 secs or so and everything is connected again.

Then I found another yet newer build from the DD-WRT community (not Buffalo). Flashed that yesterday morning and so far, ALL my issues have been resolved. Haven't rebooted the router since yesterday. Have gamed on Xbox last night with 2 hours (while my wife was surfing on my laptop, kids streaming Netflix on Wii U)....zero issues so far.

Ironically that the 'best' firmware that worked for me is from the great DD-WRT community and not Buffalo.

If I have any issues with this firmware, I'm throwing the Buffalo router out the window and going to Linksys (my older routers were all Linksys and I had the need to tweak them..they just worked).

swaaye

• Calf
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2013, 02:13:44 PM »

Hmmm. Maybe after ~3 years of trying there's a usable DDWRT for this thing?  My experience has been that the best wifi reliability is on the Buffalo 1.74 / 1.76 firmwares.

OpenWRT uses ATH9K too. The only way I've gotten reliable wifi there is by disabling WMM mode which forces you to G rates.