Author Topic: Best settings?  (Read 1363 times)

whitelines2

• Calf
Best settings?
« on: October 31, 2011, 12:40:18 AM »

Just bought a **Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N** 802.11n Wireless Broadband Router (Unfortunately one of the antenna had a bit of plastic broken on it, but i don't think it affects performance probably.) Anyway I just installed the 'pro' ddrw firmware that came with it on CD (it came with simple version by default), flipped the button on the side to ON then i manged to get online via wireless.

May i ask if the following settings are the best? I've noticed only 'fair' signal strength in my bedroom after setting it up in the living room (it's about 10 metres away but through a wall...

http://pastebin.com/3pAP49uJ

I've noticed that the TX Power on status page is only 13dBm and Rate is changing but mostly 130Mb/s. Is it possible to increase the TX Power so i can get better strength signal throughout my apartment? Also i mounted the thing on a wall and both antenna are pointing towards the sky, should i point them towards my bedroom?

Thanks for any advice.

Ps. Have two laptops connected now via wireless. For first one it says:

>Tx Rate 130M, RX Rate 65M, Signal -44, Noise -107, SNR 63, Signal Quality 61%
and for second laptop:
>Tx Rate 65M, Rx Rate 65M, Signal -55, Noise -107, SNR 52, Signal quality 48%.
Are these normal valus? The signal quality of only 48% has me worried as the laptop is only 3 feet away from the router.?