Author Topic: Does all HP Models have the HP-G54's rx amp?  (Read 1582 times)

fooey

• Calf
Does all HP Models have the HP-G54's rx amp?
« on: October 17, 2011, 08:26:05 AM »
I been looking and researching buffalo line of wireless but more specifically the WHR-HP-G54 because of the extra sensitivity from the amplifier. It will be helpfull with my project of longer range wireless setup with external antennas, a biquad and a yagi. Since the g54 is not in production anymore i been asking a bunch of wifi forums if the WHR-HP-GN has the same rx amplifier like the G54? I understand the HP in the model names means high power but i havent been able to find out if HP also meant that it contains the amps that the WHR-HP-G54 has. It would be nice to get the updated Wireless-N support and if all the WHR-HP-?? has those very same amps i can stop looking to buy the outdated WHR-HP-G54 and get a WHR-HP-GN as the main repeater or even a WHR-HP-G300N if i could figure out how to hook up my dish biquad or yagi with its mimo antenna setup inside the router Can someone who used the old WHR-HP-G54 and the new HP models verify my question regarding the power amps. I really need the help. I have all lines or parts, antenns,cables,and just lacking routers.

KingJL

• Tatanka
Re: Does all HP Models have the HP-G54's rx amp?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 05:49:12 PM »

No!  G54 completely different beast...  the last and only real HP Buffalo (it was broadcom architecture w/amplifier).

buddee

• Big Bull
Re: Does all HP Models have the HP-G54's rx amp?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 07:32:32 PM »

Gotta agree with KingJL, my G54 outdoes all my other consumer routers signal wise.

But i will say this about the HP series, and i have just about all of them, of all the ones i have, the WZR-HP-G300NH has the most powerful radio in it, my other 2 (wzr-hp-ag300h and whr-hp-g300) are about on average 13-14% weaker signal than the G300NH. It still doesn't top my G54 but comes close.