Author Topic: wzr-hp-g450h Drops connections  (Read 3066 times)

shapecharge

• Calf
wzr-hp-g450h Drops connections
« on: October 03, 2011, 11:12:01 PM »

Recently got the G450H when it was on sale through Amazon. Current setup is as follows

Cable internet going through Motorola modem into WZR-HP-G450H as Main Wireless Access

Two Wireless bridge devices working with dd-wrt firmare. One N router the other an old buffalo 54G.

Four laptops connecting with three connecting wtih G

Wii connects using B 

G450H running in mixed mode due to mixed hardware. Everything can connect and works properly for some time. The first problem was noticed on one of the G laptops. Laptop will be disconnected three times a day lately (Dell laptop running WinXP), another laptop will diconnect for no reason every other day (dell laptop G running Linux). the N bridge connection will fail about twice a week. when this happens a reboot of the G450H will usually solve the connection to the bridge. Trying to reset the client bridge does not reconnect. 

G450H is running as dhcp, dns server for local lan. was set to reboot once per week as is a standard with everything I have run dd-wrt with... the reboot function does not seem to work correctly. I have changed client lease times with dhcp and no change. Transmission and speeds seem to be fine. Not sure if this is a problem with the buffalo branded dd-wrt or not and I do not want to change to the other firmware as dd-wrt was one of my requirements for buying this new router. This is the third wireless router that I have had it on and the only one that I have ever had issues with. Wireless security is enabled with wpa2 and all clients seem to connect and see the network fine. Just not sure where/why the router is dropping the connections even when they are active. Connection dropped today while streaming media from network share. Any Thoughts?

nickff

• Calf
Re: wzr-hp-g450h Drops connections
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 08:01:37 AM »

A few weeks ago I bought a WZR-HP-G450H? and am having similar issues.  The wireless signal would stop for less than a minute I would lose wireless connections.  Then, the devices would reconnect on their own when the wireless signal kicked back in.  This happened several times a day.  

WIred connections were rock solid.

Wireless range was good, I was also able to connect at N speeds.

I like the router (as it is the only router I have found that comes close to the range my WHR-HP-G54 offers).

Any ideas how to keep the wireless from stopping every so often?

yaktwok

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 03:53:04 PM »

I've noticed tthe g450h crapping out after about 2 days of uptime. Things just don't seem to work right.

I set it up to reboot everyday and that seems to work for now. I think the dd-wrt software that ships with the g450h is pretty shoddy and needs to be updated. Have you tried the 'user friendly' firmware?

Copycat

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 06:52:50 PM »

Oh, it's famous issue.. There is no offical response by Buffalo Tech, but you can fix it by installing latest (beta) dd-wrt firmware. I use it about 2 month and there is no reconnects or drop-outs.?

--

Sorry for my bad Englist

yaktwok

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 03:49:04 AM »

i see... where did you get the latest generic dd-wrt firmware? I don't seem to see it on the DD-WRT website.

Pitmans

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 07:00:36 AM »

Same here, just bought it not very happy unplugged it after losing my connection after powering up think i'll ask for a refund awefull product.  Switched back to my old well working but slow belkin