Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300-NH limited features with 3G connection  (Read 1557 times)

ruibaeta

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300-NH limited features with 3G connection
« on: September 23, 2011, 03:19:53 AM »

Hello,

I have a WZR-HP-G300-NH? router with original user-friendly firmware, working like a charm, sharing a 3G connection with my 3G USB stick (Huawei E220).

Now, I have noticed that some features were automatically disabled just because I was using a 3G connection, including:

- ntp,

- dynamic dns,

- eco power-save scheduling (this one as a consequence of ntp service disabled).

If a 3G connection is a valid Internet connection, why are these features? ?disabled, as they only need an Internet connection???

I really want to use dynamic dns, so I can access my home network anywhere, and eco power-save scheduling? is very interesting.

Anyway, if I upgrade to the professional firmware (dd-wrt), will it be possible to overcome all these limitations? And the professional firmware? will work fine with my 3G USB stick at all?

Thank you in advance.

Rui Baeta

Speedy1205

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300-NH limited features with 3G connection
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 11:31:47 AM »

Hey,

this I found out allready. I guess you are using the user friedly firmware. An when you open there the LAN/Internet Tab an you choose there 3G Modem you will find completly down the setting which disable this Features when connected to 3G :-)

Just disable it and have fun :-)

Anyway the DD-WRT I would not choose, because there are still to much issues. There is still better to go with Open-WRT in my opinion.

ruibaeta

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300-NH limited features with 3G connection
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 04:56:32 PM »

Thanks Speedy1205??!

NTP, DDNS, and power scheduling now working?!