Author Topic: Problem with WZR-HP-G300NH  (Read 4498 times)

Mik187

• Calf
Problem with WZR-HP-G300NH
« on: September 26, 2011, 03:00:14 PM »

I have internet in cable tv. Modem Cisco EPC3010 connect to the buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH?. Speed internet in my provider is 25Mb/s but on dd-wrt firmware i have only 3-4 Mb/s - test on speedtest.com. When i change firmware to the buffalo user friendly my speed is 25Mb/s.

Now i change firmware to the DD-WRT but not for buffallo. I install DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std?. now i can't back to the DD-WRT for buffalo or user friendly "upload faild"

Why speed on DD-WRT is so slow and how can I back to the buffalo user frendly firmware ? 

Mik187

• Calf
Re: Problem with WZR-HP-G300NH
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 03:44:57 PM »

ok now i change firmware to WZR-HP-G300NH Ver.1.65? user friendly but why on DD-WRT connect to the CISCO Cable Modem internet is so slow

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 09:50:31 AM »

I am running the alpha version of firmware and I am not having any issues. Have you tried that firmware yet?

BIDBEAR

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 02:31:14 PM »

Can you please provide the link for the alpha version ? for the WZR -HP-G300NH that you are using.

Thanks,

bidbear

Mik187

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 02:51:13 AM »

can you give as link to alpha version ?

Mik187

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 06:20:42 AM »

why DD-WRT doesn't work with cisco modem???

it doesn't help speed is slow max 3-4 Mb/s, my internet is 25Mb/s and on friendly firmware is 25Mb/s but i want DD-WRT

Speedy1205

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 07:34:14 AM »

did try check with the MTU size ?

Mik187

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 11:36:01 AM »

MTU what i must change in this settings

Speedy1205

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 01:08:27 PM »

you have to check with your Provide. sometimes they are not using the standard MTU size. Normal I guess its 1500 ... just google it.

Mik187

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 01:46:03 PM »

but why on friendly user firmware is ok

Speedy1205

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 03:21:46 PM »

you know I dont know. It was just a hint. I just now tried again DD-WRT but its like a horror for me. Couldnt do anythink with this.

Im not a dev from DD-Wrt or buffalo and have as well my issues :-)

hapkido

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 09:57:47 PM »

I've been dealing with this same problem and I think I figured out what causes it, but don't have a solution. My conclusion is the dd-wrt firmware on wzr-hp-g300nh doesn't work well with docsis 3 cable modems.

I was having some problems with my ambit docsis 2 modem overheating, so I got it replaced with a ubee docsis 3 modem. Immediately I noticed my download speeds drop from 30Mbps to 12Mbps. There were absolutely no other changes to my network (upload speed didn't seem to be affected much). I called my ISP tech support after I had done all my usual troubleshooting, and of course he suggests plugging the modem directly into my computer. I completely dismissed him at first because I knew my network was setup properly. Sure enough, I got 30Mbps when I bypassed the router and had to appologize. I plugged my router back in and started getting 12Mbps again. He wasn't much help with MTUs or any other network settings, so I decide to keep digging on my own. At this point I know it's a communication issue between the modem and the router, so I backup my config and start messing with settings. First the ones I think may cause an issue: making sure no other devices are using bandwidth, reverting to stock settings, turning off the firewall, ensuring QoS is disabled, etc., and then everything else. Absolutely nothing helps, so I call tech support. The Buffalo rep says there are no settings in the router to cause this, other than the hardware may be going out, and he can setup an RMA. I didn't think that was it, but I was stumped. Incidently, while I was messing with settings, I had changed my wireless settings to turbo 20Mhz/40Mhz (apparently the Wii doesn't like that). During troubleshooting for *that* issue, I jumped on my laptop and did another speedtest to test if my wireless network was working. To my surprise, I'm getting 25Mbps download over wireless. So my LAN connections are only getting 12Mbps and my WLAN connections are getting 25Mbps (~30Mbps - overhead). I needed to do one final confirm, so I plugged in my old junky wrt54g, and it's also getting 30Mbps... on dd-wrt firmware no less. By process of elimination, all we're really left with is the dd-wrt firmware not working properly with docsis 3 modems. All-in-all, I really like this router, but this is a HUGE issue.

tl;dr: Buffalo needs to come out with an update for the pro firmware.

ImaFool

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 12:18:57 PM »

I am running the same WZR-HP-G300NH Router on the same Ubee Docsis 3 Cable Modem, and the speeds are good. Another common issue with 1Gb Ethernet ports (depending on your PC Nic) I have found that sometimes you need to force the 1000mb @ full duplex on the PC's NIC as the Auto Negociate sometimes does not set the duplex correctly. just for grins & giggles try to manually set your max speed of your PC  NIC and at full duplex to see if it is a problem with DD-WRT Auto negociate function.