Author Topic: WZR-HP-AG300H Pro firmware still in alpha?  (Read 14538 times)

derf

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-AG300H Pro firmware still in alpha?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 11:58:54 AM »

buddee wrote:

The DDNS bug has already been addressed in the SVN and is now working properly

Is the SVN an official and supported FW?....People don't buy a 'Premium' product with a 'Premium' price (mine was $140 delivered)....with the expectation that they will need to hack, forgo official support and void a warranty to resolve issues that should be addressed by the manufacturer.

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »

Consider that the next buffalo dd-wrt build will have DDNS fixed because its now addressed in the SVN tree, which is what the Buffalo DD-WRT builds are based on... All of your other rantings... i cannot help you with because it was a choice that you made to buy the router, all i was doing was simply replying to a statement made about a DDNS bug.

mrvoidman

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 07:10:07 PM »

What alpha verson do people use here? I have 17201?. 

Does installing the alpha verions void your warranty??

John (Admin), any new information about the next firmware version? Is there a developer who works for Buffalo assigned to this task?

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 07:22:16 PM »

17201 is a community dd-wrt build, not a buffalo dd-wrt build, the 'alpha' build for the wzr-hp-ag300h is 17135, which is available for download on their site...

http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/airstation-highpower-n600-gigabit-dual-band-wireless-router-wzr-hp-ag300h/?

Af far as voiding your warranty is concerened, i do not think buffalo supports community dd-wrt builds so in essence, yes you void your warranty, but because you switch between buffalo dd-wrt builds and community builds (GOOGLE IT!) i am not sure how anyone would really know.

panik

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 11:01:18 PM »

I just bought one of these bad boys on newegg.  It was like 50 bucks off, and despite reading all the problems with it, I am still going through with it as I bought it for the hardware specs, I won't be using wireless with it.

I will more than likely use the community DD-WRT build, as one thing i did notice on while looking at the available firmware through the routers download site is the alpha firmware is labled as "wzrhpag300nh-pro-v24sp2-alpha-17135_us_eu_ap.enc".  Notice the nh?  Either someone made a typo, or somone goofed the firmware posted altogether.  Just thought it might help some folks experiencing problems.

talhouni

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 11:19:59 PM »

i picked up two of these to use with VPN service for VoIP bypass. I notices that these is considrable packet loss over the tunnel. compared againsed the linksys and it is certainly the router/firmware. has anyone seen this?,

Kinzs

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 05:51:53 PM »

Any progress on the firmware? There will be a release that is stable I hope? I just ordered one of these and was all excited until I read this forum lol.

panik

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 05:53:03 PM »

One thing I did notice about the firmware is the CD image on the download page has more current firmware than the firmware that is offered by itself on the download page (as of 11/23/2011).  If anyone is looking for newer firmware that may be an option for you.

Senorpablo

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2011, 10:04:38 PM »

Fry's isn't even selling these any longer. It's no wonder why.

Buffalo SUCKS!

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 10:45:51 AM »

Fry's is still selling them...

????http://www.frys.com/product/6684714?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Maybe not in their local stores you mean..

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 10:48:04 AM »

This is incorrect info..

The version on the CD is 16519, the version on the downloads page is 17135. So no, don't wasting time downloading a CD image for an older version.

panik

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 09:02:10 AM »

17135 is an alpha version,  The CD contains the most current pro and user friendly non-alpha firmware.  The European site has the same firmware on the contained on the CD as the most current version as well.  I am thinking the guy who is responsible for updating the firmware on this site forgot to do it.

humkar

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 09:33:58 AM »

panik wrote:

17135 is an alpha version,  The CD contains the most current pro and user friendly non-alpha firmware.  The European site has the same firmware on the contained on the CD as the most current version as well.  I am thinking the guy who is responsible for updating the firmware on this site forgot to do it.

Or may have something to do with the fact the in the UK they have to adhere to strict sales policies, and therefore selling a product so you can install an alpha firmware version will result in alot of products being sent back for "faults". Or panik could be right nad someone forgot to do it. LOL.

Surely after the Alpha should be a Beta? That probably means we'll be waiting a while. Trying to get my dynDNS issue fixed with their support and I was told to use the user-friendly FW. The reason I bought this router was so I can use the OpenVPN feature!! LOL. Guess we have to play the waiting game.

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 05:34:20 PM »

Hate to break it to you, but even if they list it as Alpha, consider that incorrect, they are all betas, regardless of whether buffalo decides to name it alpha or not. These builds are all based off the dd-wrt SVN tree, which is in currently a beta state, if i had to advise you, i would say go by build number only, not by title, only time you need to go by title is when you start seeing RC1, RC2 etc. The current nightly build of dd-wrt is @ build # 17949. When the dd-wrt SVN tree produces a final, believe me, you'll know it because the community has been waiting on this for some years now.

panik

• Calf
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 12:19:09 AM »

The pro version is dd-wrt,  the user friendly is not.  the most current that buffalo considers "not-alpha" or whatever, and that will not void your warranty can be found on the CD.

I'm just trying to help people out.  I don't know if you have paid attention to talk on the internet, but a lot of people have been having a lot of issues with this router for some reason.