Author Topic: WBMR-HP-G300H dlna trouble  (Read 2076 times)

joppek

• Calf
WBMR-HP-G300H dlna trouble
« on: May 11, 2012, 10:51:38 AM »

it looks like i've hit a limitation with the buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H firmware version 1.74

i've been fighting with it for a while now and here's some results:

- when i use a small usb key with a few hundred mp3 files on it, everything works fine

- when i lump my music collection (1) on the toshiba (A), connect it to the buffalo and boot the buffalo up, about 25 minutes later the buffalo crashes (can't connect to the wlan; need to reboot it) and when i check the contents of the toshiba, the dlna.db in .BUFFALO is incomplete

the 10.tms.dat file is somewhere between 7,60 and 7,90 megs in size (i tried this a few times) and doesn't include all of the files (i also tried leaving the buffalo and the toshiba alone for a fair amount of time after the router crashed)

when i boot the buffalo back up with the toshiba attached, the media server never shows up (looking for it from windows7 -> network as well as a dlna stream app called skifta from an android phone)

however the file (samba?) share does show up and i can browse and use all the files over wlan

trying to disable/re-enable the media server from the buffalo web interface has no effect

- when i deleted some of the music (as well as the .BUFFALO folder), and left the rest (2) on the toshiba, connected it to the buffalo and booted the buffalo up, again about 25 minutes later the buffalo crashed and needed a reboot

however this time the dlna.db was complete (with a 7,30 meg 10.tms.dat) and after a couple of reboots the media server shows up and everything is working ok - i can see it from the win7 machine and play everything fine with the android phone

i'm guessing this failure happens because the 10.tms.dat file grows too large for the buffalo to handle (?)

is there something i can do to get it working with larger amounts of files, or is there a chance of a firmware update that would fix this (like splitting the 10.tms.dat file in to more than one file when it exceeds a certain size) ?

(1) 15573 files - about 115 gigs (rest of the hd empty) -> 7,60-7,90 meg 10.tms.dat file (incomplete)

(2) 13872 files - about 105 gigs (rest of the hd empty) -> 7,30 meg 10.tms.dat.file (complete)

(A) 320gig toshiba stor.e alu2 usb hdd formatted to fat32, single partition

joppek

• Calf
Re: WBMR-HP-G300H dlna trouble
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 06:05:03 AM »

anyone?