Author Topic: WZR-HP-G450H - PS3/Xbox 360 & IP issues  (Read 1986 times)

Axcalibur

• Calf
WZR-HP-G450H - PS3/Xbox 360 & IP issues
« on: September 18, 2011, 01:14:27 PM »

Hi there,

I'm a brand new owner of the Buffalo WZR-HP-G450H? and I'm having some frusterating issues with it.  

In terms of what I have connected: I have 1 PS3 and 1 Xbox 360 with wired connections to the router and 1 Xbox 360 with a wireless connection.  (I also have a Wii with a wireless connection, so if you have advice with that - it would be appreciated).  I also have a 2 iPhones, 2 laptops and 1 PC connected.

My routers firmware is Ver.1.76 (R2.02/B1.00)?

Issues:

Xbox 360 (wired) - constantly disconnects

PS3 (wired) - very laggy

In the router - under the "VPN server" section - I'm receiving the error 

"The LAN side IP address is set to 192.168.11.1.
Therefore, a PC connected to BUFFALO’s router may be unable to access to the PC on the LAN.

The LAN side IP address and DHCP IP address pool should be changed.?"

(sorry for the mixed colours - this forum is terrible for copy/paste!)

I didn't have these issues with my previous router (D-Link 615) - but I had some other issues that the Buffalo router has resolved - so I don't want to revert back to my old router or buy another router.

Any help would be appreciated - I've tried to understand this router - but it's easily the most non-user friendly router I've ever come across!  If someone could even just point me to user-friendly instructions on how to set it up - I've found them for other routers - but this router uses terminology not used in more User Friendly routers.

Thanks in advance.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: WZR-HP-G450H - PS3/Xbox 360 & IP issues
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 02:29:59 PM »

Are you trying to use the VPN? If you are, you need to change the IP addres scheme to the router. Also you should try  setting your gaming system's to static IP's and open up the ports tthat are required for you systems.

Axcalibur

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 03:16:32 PM »

Jotin wrote:

Are you trying to use the VPN? If you are, you need to change the IP addres scheme to the router. Also you should try  setting your gaming system's to static IP's and open up the ports tthat are required for you systems.

Thanks for the response.  

I started using Static IP addresses and opened up the ports and this seems to be helping (at least it's not disconnecting anymore).

Though I have a couple questions:

When I'm Port Forwarding - I put the port I want forwarded - but it also asks for an IP.  If the Port is for my Xbox 360 - do I put the Xbox 360 static IP address in?  Or do is there another IP address I should be using?

Also, can you define VPN?  (I assume since I don't know what it is, I don't need it, but it's pretty good to know this stuff :smileyhappy:)

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 10:32:01 AM »

You should use the IP for your Xbox. VPN is a virtual private network. It uses secure tunnels over the internet to connect your PC to another network so you can use the resources on that other network.

Axcalibur

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 10:35:53 AM »

Awesome, thanks again.

I've done all the port forwarding using my Xbox 360's static IP address and everything is working brilliantly.