Author Topic: Linkstation Pro Duo FTP slow and / or not connecting.  (Read 6402 times)

WayneW

• Calf
Linkstation Pro Duo FTP slow and / or not connecting.
« on: October 13, 2008, 10:54:05 AM »

I have setup this unit as an FTP server..... 1TB edition.

When trying to asscess it through FTP it takes MINUTES for the connection to take hold, MANY times failing. (i'm guessing timing out)

I have tried IE 6 and 7, core ftp, smart ftp, and others. All are the same, either they take forever to reterive a directory listing, or the just time out and fail.

Any help or suggestions?

The internet connection is a dedicated, static IP, 2MB line. I also have a linux ftp server up and running on a seperate 2MB connectrion which is VERY fast.... So i know it's not the connection speed.

Also, it's not possible to assess the Web admin remotely? (outside the local network)? I tried using the public IP address and even tried using port 9000 to no avail.

Message Edited by WayneW on 10-13-2008 11:10 AM

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Pro Duo FTP slow and / or not connecting.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 09:00:09 AM »
I would start by flashing the firmware, then set the unit back to factory default with in the GUI.  This will not cause any data loss, only configuration settings.

WayneW

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 12:08:54 PM »

The firmware flash seems to have solved the "timeouts", it connects EVENTUALLY now everytime. However the speed is still just barely acceptable (even using an FTP client).

I am still unable to connect to the Web Admin outside the local net also.

NOTE: I am using RAID mirroring............ would that effect the speed of the FTP connection?

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 09:49:45 AM »
Have you set the unit back to factory defaults?  (remember you will only lose configuration settings not any data)

WayneW

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 10:09:25 AM »
   Paul said >>>
Have you set the unit back to factory defaults?  (remember you will only lose configuration settings not any data) <<<<
Yes, i flashed the firmware, reset defaults, recreated users and groups, reset permissions on existing folders, and at the time of my last posting, i was able to connect, allbeit VERY SLOW. Now, today, AGAIN, no one is able to connect to the unit through IE or FTP clients. Tried rebooting, still same trouble.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 09:18:13 AM »

Can the nas navigator find it?  Or can clients map a drive to it?

you may have a defective nic card on the unit.  This is not normal behavior from Buffalo Nas devices I would seek an RMA from 866-752-6210