Author Topic: WIFI keeps dropping on WZR-HP-G300NH  (Read 1726 times)

pranavsuvarna

• Calf
WIFI keeps dropping on WZR-HP-G300NH
« on: July 31, 2011, 10:16:19 AM »

Over the last few weeks my router has started facing a new problem. The wifi keeps dropping.  Sometimes it drops every 10-15 minutes and sometimes once a day and each time i have to resart the router. The problem occurs only with user friendly firmware(1.76). When i am connected to the wifi ,all of a sudden i get limited connectivity. and after that its not possible to reconnect back to the network from any of the wireless devices unless the router is rebooted.Is there a fix for it?

borischan

• Calf
Re: WIFI keeps dropping on WZR-HP-G300NH
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 12:01:05 AM »

Join the club! This router is well documented here with having wifi problems, mine is so bad it is unusable. I'm still waiting for a firmware update to cure this, probably wishful thinking....

smitty870

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 08:46:35 AM »

I know it's not a perfect solution, but if you install DD-WRT then read the wiki at http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-G300NH?.  There is a script that is setup to reboot the router under certain circum stances.  I have yet to have a wifi drop since I set this up/

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 10:15:42 AM »

no good when users want to stream videos over the network and have the router rebooting all the time.