Author Topic: 2.4ghz dropped signal - WZR-HP-AG300H  (Read 4024 times)

Tr1age

• Calf
2.4ghz dropped signal - WZR-HP-AG300H
« on: July 16, 2011, 04:01:35 PM »

I've tried searching the forums with little success and this problem is driving me crazy.  My router the WZR-HP-AG300H keeps losing its 2.4ghz signal.  When it works the signal light blinks continuously but every 48 hours or so the signal gets dropped and the light on the router has a slow blink.  All my devices lose connection.  I then have to unplug the power to my router and let it restart for it to work.  I can't seem to find any answer why.  Hoping you guys might be able to help me out.

Router:  WZR-HP-AG300H?
DD-WRT build: ? DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (12/17/10) std (SVN revision 15940)?

Thanks in advance!

tcheno

• Calf
Re: 2.4ghz dropped signal - WZR-HP-AG300H
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 08:02:42 PM »

I am also looking for a solution to this problem. I can get it to come back up by rebooting the router, so until a solution is found, I set the router to automatically reboot every 8 hours.

bangster

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 09:59:23 AM »

I could only get about 45 minutes out of mine before 2.4 radio would stop transmitting. From other posts it seems like if you have another 2.4ghz router close to it this happens. I was using mine as an additional access point until I could work through some issues, and only once I turned off the wireless on the router/AP was I able to use this as an access point.

At the time I didn't know I had a 5ghz device, so I didn't try it, however the 5ghz light always blinks (and the 2.4 would completely stop being on or blinking when it wasn't working).

So far I haven't gotten to 2 days of uptime with it as a router and wireless access point, so time will tell, this is in use in a home office environment and I need to have the stability I used to have (60-90 day uptime, only reason not more is power outtages, changing settings on router, moving around equipment, etc) so I hope it is more than 48 hours.

I also specified a channel, auto was always going with channel 11, which is the lowest power channel, tech support had me pick one in the middle (5 6, or 7), that might have helped if it was an issue with another 2.4ghz router.

Tr1age

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 10:58:05 AM »

Interesting.  I appareciate the post as there seems to be little information regarding this issues.  So far I have been 48 hours without problem but that could be due to having the router reset every night.  If the problem presists I may try changing my channel as well.

Timinsk

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 07:39:14 PM »

Same issue as you have. I made a thread about this and had no help from the mods.

I've been looking into it for a couple weeks and nothing yet. I'll keep you posted with any updates.

Also a quick question; My laptop is a wireless-n and when connected to the router, its connected to 2.4GHz and not 5GHz, which i thought 2.4 is G 5 is N; any ideas?

Also I tried configuring the router to restart itself everyday at 3am

[Configuration]

Cron = EnabledSchedule Reboot = EnableAt a Set Time: 3:00 Everyday

But maybe I had a bad hit because the next day at 11pm the 2.4GHz dropped, but I'll retry it.

Thanks

Timinsk

bangster

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 11:58:54 PM »

N is both 2.4 and 5. That is how this AP is rated at 300 Mbps, 150 on each frequency (if you have a dual band adapter). Generally most adapters will be 2.4 only, there are dual band and 5Ghz only ones also.

I had no idea that my old plastic body Intel iMac has 5Ghz wireless, until I saw it showing the unique name of the 5Ghz side of my router.

Good luck with getting consistent 2.4Ghz radio working, I am not sure really why mine is working now, but it is and other than really low signal (compared to the cheapo routers it is replacing) it is doing okay, other than the issue I am dealing with and streaming Netflix on an iPhone and an iPod Touch.

jpicton

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 11:36:28 AM »

I have been having the same issues.  I purchased the router new On 7/22/11, set it up that night.  The next morning, I had no wireless connections active in the house.  I had to go into the configuration of the router from a wired connection, and hit "save changes".  Wireless came back.  It happened again that evening, and again the following morning.  On Sunday morning, i tried hitting the AOSS button on the front of the router, and that brought back the signal as well.  I called Buffalo tech support, and the tech told me this can happen if you have many wireless networks in close proximity (which I do).  He told me to change the wireless channel setting from auto to an actual channel (strongest are 1,6 or 11) and save the changes.  I have done so, and will post an update when I find out if this works or not.

tgreensweig

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 07:14:00 AM »

I recently purchased this router and am having the exact same problem.

The 2.4GHz drops out, 5ghz stays working fine.

I live in an area with a lot of wireless networks (istumbler on my mac finds 20+). Regardless, this seems like a huge design flaw???

Has anybody tried the alpha firmware for the router, does it help?

kangta222vn

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 09:40:19 AM »

I have same ploblem.My router wireless WZR-HP-AG300H use firmware friendly v1.73 ,power on 24/24 then about 48 hours my wireless drop out wireless signal.Pls help me fix the problem.Thank so much !

alvarem11

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 07:46:56 PM »

I have the latest version from DD-WRT (DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (11/20/11) std - build 17798). I still have the problem I think is the router.