Author Topic: Problems with whr-hp-g300n stability  (Read 1444 times)

edvinas

• Calf
Problems with whr-hp-g300n stability
« on: July 11, 2011, 10:21:42 AM »

I have been using whr-hp-g300n router for a year and i'm very unhappy with it. For first it was a superb router. Easy setup, excellent performance. I was using a 100mpbs internet connection and it worked flawlessly... Worked... Now i need to restart it every couple of hours (If i am downloading/uploading big ammount of data), because it drops speed to around 0kbps... Is there's anything i can do (different configuration or something) or should i just buy a new router from anyone except buffalo..?
?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Problems with whr-hp-g300n stability
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 01:39:57 PM »

No, it sounds like this could be an easy fix. I would suggest just resetting it and flashing the firmware and it could be back to that superb status.

edvinas

• Calf
Re: Problems with whr-hp-g300n stability
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 05:06:39 AM »

I tried that already, but it just doesn't help. Now I'm using 16753? (alpha release), because stable doesn't work properly (it can only transmit 100mbps, i mean if the upload is 50mbps, download will be only 50mbps at maximum). But somehow it just freeze sometimes. For example today, i was downloading a bunch of videos from my friend and speed was stable. When i came back couple of hours later speed was below 1mb/s. I took the power supply off and put it back on, couple of seconds later my speed became normal and stable. I just hate that i can't rely on it and i do think it's because of the router's software, because it's not very warm (i don't think there's any heating problems), cpu isn't working very hard (most the time it stays at 0.00) and sometimes it works for weeks with bigger bandwidth.? And no matter? what speed with my home computers is always excellent.