Author Topic: wireless router installation problems  (Read 1701 times)

baileycat12

• Calf
wireless router installation problems
« on: June 18, 2011, 01:31:54 PM »

we recently purchased the wireless air station model #WHR-HP-G300N.  the issue that i am having is that i cannot open the AirNavigator CD to start the setup.  i am using an iMacBook.  the cd is showing on the desktop but when i click on it i cannot get it running.  a folder opens up with programs to click on.  whenever i click on anything i get a messaged that says "there is no default application, please choose."  i'm not sure where to go from here.  please know that i am pretty useless when it comes to computers so this may be a quick fix that i you can walk me through.  i appreciate the assistant.

gerard

ve3wva

• Calf
Re: wireless router installation problems
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 06:29:05 AM »

Hello Gerard

I run a local small computer business, and I have sold/set-up literally hundreds of routers over the past 11 years, from various manufacturers, my recent favorite being Buffalo.

I NEVER use the install cd that comes with any brand of router, but my guess is the cd is not Mac compatible.

I would personally just connect the router to your MacBook (with a cable vs wireless on one of the LAN ports), wait a minute or two, then open Safari and enter the IP address of the router in the address bar (with Buffalo the default is usually 192.168.11.1) and you should be off to the races, so they say.

Good luck!

Rusty

baileycat12

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 09:48:47 AM »

Thanks Rusty- realy appreciate your reply.  What cable should we be using to connect the router to our macbook?

ve3wva

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 07:19:13 AM »

Hello again!

Any regular CAT5 patch cable will work great... regular old ethernet cable connected between port 1 2 3 or 4 on the router and the ethernet port on your Mac...

Let me know how you make out!

Rusty

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 08:41:09 AM »

Ve3wva is correct, if the CD is not working then you will need to log in to the router's interface with a wired connection through your browser at 192.168.11.1

At this point you should be able to congfigure your router.

The manual is available here.

http://buffalotech.com/support/getfile/WHR-HP-GxN_UserMan.pdf

If you ever need help support is open 24/7 at 866-752-6210.