Author Topic: 2 new G300NH units same problem please help! :(  (Read 2148 times)

baspower

• Calf
2 new G300NH units same problem please help! :(
« on: June 20, 2011, 08:38:59 AM »

hi guys. just received two sets of G300NH. Flashed both to fw1.77
Thought of using them to finally upgrade my 11g home network.

At the moment my 11g router works excellent with my 720p videos (wireless streaming from wired NAS), it struggles with 1080p videos though. 

So, when I set up the G300NH, I was surprised to see it straight away was struggling to streaming 720p. So i decided to do some proper analysis.

I opened FIlezilla and tried to do upload and download of a 700mb file between my (wireless) laptop and the (wired) NAS first on the 11g router and the G300NH. The results were extremely shocking.

WRT54GL(stock fw)

download average: 3 MB/s

upload: didn't measure. cause 3MB/s i felt showed that all was well on a 54Mbps g-network.

G300NH (fw1.77)

download: average around 700KB/s max 1MB/s...seemed very choppy...wasnt fluid or smooth

upload: extremely smooth, not choppy at all... average around 15MB/s , went up to 20MB/s

I could not explain this. Tried resetting the unit, no change. Tried downgrading to fw1.76, no change. Tried second unit, also same...extremely low wlan download speed, normal upload speed. Tried different channels and WPA/WPA2 mixed mode also same thing.

It cant be that both units I got were faulty, could they? :(

Please help.  

Colt725

• Calf
Re: 2 new G300NH units same problem please help! :(
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 10:29:08 AM »

Sorry to hear about your issues.  Not  sure what you are trying to do  but when I was using my router to send to my wireless bridge (Linksys wrt54 with tomato FW) it worked great and no wireless issues with my laptop.

What kind of setup do you have and what are you trying to achieve?

I have a NAS that is wired to my  AG300H  and use my G300NH as a wireless bridge to my home theater system.  It stream HD without a hitch where the linksys would freeze and restart because it could not keep up with the extra bandwidth the HD needs.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 09:09:51 AM »

The first step I would try would be installing the DDWRT firmware and resetting the unit. I do not have this issue at all on either firmware. Are you located in the UK?

m4p

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 12:34:17 PM »

Are you using the following settings?

Wireless mode- NG mixed

Security - WPA2/PSK - Mixed Mode with TKIP+AES mixed mode

Wireless channel width 40mhz

crabnebula

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 03:28:51 PM »

I've had similar throughput issues with 1.76/1.77.

I suggest you install firmware 1.74 which has been very stable for me as far a wireless goes.