Author Topic: Windows 7 HomeNetwork problem  (Read 1932 times)

Crusader

• Calf
Windows 7 HomeNetwork problem
« on: June 19, 2011, 06:58:45 AM »

Hey there,

Yersterday I had some problems with my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH? Ver.1.76 (R1.08/B1.07) ?router. Now, I am not able to connect to my HomeNetwork in Windows 7. Before reseting the router yesterday, I was able to connect to it with all my PCs.

Before it was the following:

- my router, which was directly connected (by cable) with Laptop A and my Nettop

- there were one computer, connected via WLAN and  Laptop B, also connected via WLAN

All was working fine, each computer was able to see all the others. The Windows 7 HomeNetwork was originally created on the computer, connected via WLAN

Since I have resetted the router yesterday (BTW: I haverecover my settings after that), it is the following:

- the Homenetwork is now only working for Laptop A and my Nettop, which are connected directly

- the computer and Lapotp B are NOT able to see the others, but they have access to the internet via WLAN

The HomeNetwork was created now on the Nettop.

Does this make a difference, where I originally "host" the HomeNetwork on Windows 7?

Do I have to make any further settings in my Router?

Thanks for any help!

Crusader

• Calf
Re: Windows 7 HomeNetwork problem
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 08:47:49 AM »

In addition to the problem discribed above, I cannot activate AOSS. If I press the blue button in the control center (Wireless Config -> AOSS), it says that the machine is restarting in a few seconds, but after restarting it keeps saying the following:

CapnSmith

• Buffalo
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 09:01:10 AM »

You may want to try flashing the firmware on your router to the latest version, or re-flashing if you are already on the latest version.  From the picture you posted, you have the "User-Friendly" firmware, which you can find in the downloads section of our website.

When you flash the firmware on your router, make sure you are doing so from a wired PC (not wireless!).  If you encounter problems flashing the firmware, please contact our Tech Support by phone for further assistance.

Crusader

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 10:09:56 AM »

Hello CapnSmith,

I have now falshed the firmware to Version 1.77 but unfortunately, no solution! AOSS is still not working, it says, that "AOSS is not active"!

Since I bought the rourter, I always had two networks, XXXXXXXF380 and XXXXXXXF380?-1, now I only have XXXXXXXF380?, the other one is away?!
Do I need AOSS to both connect, LAN and WLAN devices in one HomeNetwork?