Author Topic: WZR-HP-AG300H Router firmware problem  (Read 1962 times)

Shadow83

• Calf
WZR-HP-AG300H Router firmware problem
« on: June 11, 2011, 12:34:21 PM »

I just bought a WZR-HP-AG300H Router and a Link Station Duo LS-WX1.0TL/R1. On the router I have tried both the dd-wrt "Professional15940" ? firmware and the "User friendly v1.72_1.15"? firmware to allow web assess to the NAS. The problem i have is when using the dd-wrt firmware i could not configure the port forwarding for the NAS web access, so i changed the firmware to "User friendly v1.72_1.15" and now the Upnp feature is working, but using this firmware has a problem, I can't change or set the admin user ID and Configure a password for the router, i can only login using the "Default" user id and no password.
My home network consist of an DSL modem, WZR-HP=AG300H router, Link Station Duo LS-WX1.0TL/R1, Sony Network Media Player SMP-N100 and a windows7 Laptop. I solely relay on all my network for communicating with family thru video and audio along with entertainment. I need to configure the router to be as secure as it can be. The user friendly firmware will only display the main "Basic Setup" Page, all other more advanced pages show up blank when trying to configure them. almost like it only did a partial install.
?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: WZR-HP-AG300H Router firmware problem
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 10:56:23 AM »

I would try to reflash that firmware or use a different browser. The admin user root cannot be changed but you can change its password.