Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH and Wireless N drops  (Read 1348 times)

bengalih

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH and Wireless N drops
« on: June 07, 2011, 05:44:29 PM »

running DD-WRT v24SP2 14998

Wireless N connectivity experiences critical drops.  These drops appear at mostly random intervals, and I have gone for up to two days without a drop.  However it seems that transfer of large files (100MB+) can help recreate the issue with pretty good regularity.

When the connection drops, the client (Intel 4965AGN) is fully unable to acess the network.  Wireless connection shows connected, but can't ping router, renew IP, etc.  All other devices connected wired or via G continue to operate.

Have tried numerous settings on both the router and the client's adapter settings to no avail.  Even configuring the router to accept only N connections and fully disabling encryption.

If I disable N completely (either on the router or the client) these issues go away.

When the connection does drop, not even rebooting the router will pick it up again.  The client is able to connect to other G APs no problem, but when re-associating with the WZR-HP-G300NH it fails to communicate on the network as above.  Initially, rebooting the client was the only way to reconnect until i isolated it to an N issue.  Now i am able to toggle N functionality off on the client and disable/enable the wi-fi and I can reconnect (until it happens again).

Currently running in G only mode as the connection is too flaky with N.

There are other similar posts on this board and throughout the Internet with both versions of firmware.  No good answers from Buffalo....??