Author Topic: Torrent speed on wzrhpg300nh  (Read 1857 times)

pranavsuvarna

• Calf
Torrent speed on wzrhpg300nh
« on: June 01, 2011, 05:18:51 AM »

I have been using the buffalo user friendly firmware for downloading torrents. When i download torrents on my PC i get a consistent download speed of 400kbps or more. But when i download the same torrents on the buffalo my download speed never crosses 150kbps. Is there any settings to increase the torrent speed?

andromance

• Calf
Re: Torrent speed on wzrhpg300nh
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 05:28:37 PM »

I have the same Torrent speed problem. It's just unacceptably slow in comparation with utorrent in my PCs from which I get full bandwidth speed (1,2 mb/s). plus it craches more often and wont resume downloading stoped files, so i have to delete everything and start from scratch after rebooting the drive and router as well.

I'm waiting for a FW updated adressing this issue. And maybe someone could inform us about a reliable/open port for this torrent client (which I ignore).

Untill then, I'm still in favor of a good dedicated NAS for this task and others as well. As this feature could dramaticaly slow down this router.

Regards.

pranavsuvarna

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 07:54:37 AM »

I do the same ,but my iomega NAS doesnt resume downloads, that is why i have to rely on my buffalo router.

andromance

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 08:55:20 AM »

The best torrent experience I've ever had is with Utorrent client, it is just the best. I've read somewhere that Qnap or/and Synology use this client with their NASes. So I'm looking forward to buying one of their products (maybe Synology DS110j which seems to be reasonably priced and have most positive reviews and it has a bunch of more features and of course is much more faster). This way I leave my buffalo router to deal with my home network.  iomega cloud is also a decent NAS and I'm wondering why is note resuming your downloads ....hmmm!!??

pranavsuvarna

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 10:45:39 PM »

I know,that is what sucks about it. It works like a charm as long as the unit is on. But if accidentally anyone turns of the power supply,all torrents start from 0. A big drawback while downloading torrents larger than 10gb.

andromance

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 08:04:20 AM »

Yap, I feel you mate. It just happened to me yesterday when I had to start 3 files from 0 after they passed 75%. Now one of them is stacked at 40% and can't delete it or do anything with it, so will leave it till the rest get 100% and delete all torrents at once. Luckily this feature doesn't touch the 100% downloaded files.

I would love to share my USB printer through this router. As for decent NAS functionality, this router is just not powerful enough.