Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH - Where is the new firmware?  (Read 5842 times)

mimmic

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH - Where is the new firmware?
« on: May 15, 2011, 04:35:28 PM »

Well, we've all been waiting for new DD-WRT firmware.  Where is it?  I've seen moderators suggesting that it is in the works, but come on.  It's been 8 months since the last release.  I've already RMA'd my router due to firmware issues.  This new one seems to reboot anytime I'm transfering large files between a LAN and WLAN client.  The file transfers will go from .5 MB up to 12MB.  I'm also wanting an easy way to get a Guest vlan set up as I've tried many of the other ways and it ends up making it so neither of the 2 SSID/VLANs work. 

So... Where is it?

buddee

• Big Bull
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH - Where is the new firmware?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 07:58:14 PM »

I been curious about this as well, i emailed support about it today, so i'll keep you posted on what i hear if they respond that is, because the WHR-HP-G300N has an updated build out for that unit, i been wondering whats up with an updated WZR-HP-G300NH buffalo pro dd-wrt build.

insomnic

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 11:50:52 PM »

I"ve also been waiting. I was tempted to return it and swich to the Asus or Netgear after all the trouble I had with the DD-WRT on this device and the cumbersome official firmware. Then I was told by support on numerous occasions that a new version was in the works to be released shortly - that was months ago. I'm still tempted to eat the cost and buy a new router anyways -- the Asus and Netgear have already gotten multiple firmware updates since I purchased this device. I'd be very interested in hearing an honest answer to the "where is the firmware update" questions.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 01:33:42 PM »

I'm sorry about the delay in the release. The firmwares are being worked on but I'm not sure why it is taking so long. If you look in our downloads section the WHR HP G300N and WHR HP GN both have a new alpha DDWRT firmware that was posted recently.

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 07:17:29 PM »

Well here it is Tuesday and still no reply to my email that i sent support regarding this matter, not really suprising to me as i stated "if they respond that is" and it seems they choose not to. Oh well. Looks like community builds it is.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 10:25:46 AM »

As we've stated in multiple threads in these forums, we get the new FWs when Buffalotech Japan is finished with their QA of the FW, then BT USA has to run it through our QA process before any FW is posted. We just received new FW for DDWRT version today - so it's running through QA now - expect this to take several days.

samej71

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 06:14:45 PM »

Hello,

I saw the new alpha release of dd-wrt. But before trying any new, especially something that is alpha, I'd like to know:

1) what the changelog is

2) what the known issues are

3) how to report any discovered issues with the alpha

The readme for the firmware is not very useful and I can't find the changelog anywhere, including the zip of the image itself. The build number doesn't seem to match anything on the dd-wrt site, so I couldn't go there for information either.

Please let us know..

Thanks!

uhClem

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 09:08:58 PM »

drmemory wrote:

As we've stated in multiple threads in these forums, we get the new FWs when Buffalotech Japan is finished with their QA of the FW, then BT USA has to run it through our QA process before any FW is posted. We just received new FW for DDWRT version today - so it's running through QA now - expect this to take several days.

I hope your compatriots are doing ok after the earthquake/tsnuami.  If my understanding is correct, the home office is southeast of Tokyo, so was fairly removed from the direct effects of the quake.  Still, I'm sure many have friends and family who were affected...

I look forward to seeing what the new version of DDWRT has to offer.  When it's ready.

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »

Looks like its ready, 16853 on the buffalo site for download now. I couldn't really tell much difference in the buffalo pro 16853 and the community build 16857 dd-wrt build.

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 07:39:34 PM »

i dont see the new firmware on the uk buffalo site? where could it be?

crabnebula

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 10:16:55 PM »

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 09:01:07 AM »

nevermind  the usa firmware works on the router since its filename contained US and EU so its ok for european usage. testing it out now. so far its considerably more stable and reliable than the original dd-wrt released for this router.

slybunda

• Buffalo
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 03:56:56 PM »

this firmware is also highly unstable, when pulling video files over the wifi from my server on the lan the router restarts itself. its a much better improvement from before where the router would just lockup. how did this pass through quality control i dont know. buffalo is just a waste of money.

crabnebula

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 09:25:24 PM »

Thanks for the info. Was hoping it would finally fix the wi-fi issues, but apparently I'll have to stick with 1.74.

nareshseep

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 02:01:08 AM »

ok running ddwrt build 16783, beta, downloaded from buffalo website. wireless is a bit flaky, gn wireless mode does not work when 20/40 bandwidth is used. Wired connections seemed faster than the previous build. It also seems buffalo pulled down the beta build...