Author Topic: WZR-HP-AG300H - Firmware updates? Which, where, how?  (Read 20867 times)

szabogi

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-AG300H - Firmware updates? Which, where, how?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 11:43:21 AM »

Yep, I recall that from your earlier posts which is why I threw the OPENWRT piece in there -- might be something you want to investigate in more depth.  My situation here is a bit simpler -- I just need an AP that works in the most basic of terms (no guest access needed).  I like the sophistication and configurability of DD-WRT, but I may just need to forget about that and switch the the Friendly firmware.

kad77

• Calf

DBott

• Calf
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 08:35:49 AM »

Hi...Thanks.  I have seen that but the issues here is it that BUFFALO should be taking care of their own products and issues.

FireMan

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 12:31:05 PM »

Hi DBolt,

of course dual mode WORKS in firendly firmware.

Better yet, works in 40mhz channels. DD-WRT, in other hand, does not support 40mhz channels (at least until the version 15940), which is a huge problem to me.

Cheers.

DBott

• Calf
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 12:56:10 PM »

I could not see a Dual Channel option unless it is new in the Friendly version.

However, you also have no Guest Mode with the Friendly version.

Thanks

dinoc

• Calf
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 03:29:38 PM »

What bothers me the most that Buffalo tech support is not checking the problems reported on this thread and this is a forum hosted on their website.

The latest dd-wrt firmware 17798 they have posted on the Download section is a pice of s**t.

Is not capable of doing 300Mbps on turbo mode , is doing only 130Mbps.

I've reported the problem here: http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Wireless/WZR-HP-AG300H-300Mbps/td-p/95040

But no one from their techincal support is looking in solving this problem, this bothers me the most !!!

An guess what, if you put a Brian Slayer firmware or something else they will void your warranty.

So no support for their **bleep**y firmware to fix it or something but if you try something better they voids your warranty!!

TZ

• Calf
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2012, 04:25:33 AM »

If it possible to get a new update in the next few weeks? the last was for ~ 4 months....

@ kad77

its the wrong router....

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-AG300H

DBott

• Calf
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2012, 07:00:30 AM »

I have now gone to the Brian Slayer current release from March 2012.  I ended up doing this as I was tried of Buffalo NOT SUPPORTING their routers.  The Brian Slayer release is MUCH MUCH better and I can get 19dBm out of it vs 15dBm.  

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A BUFFALO PRODUCT AGAIN BASED ON THEIR LACK OF CONCERN FOR THE CUTOMER.

rogerthat1945

• Calf
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2013, 05:26:01 PM »

I know this response is a little delayed; I didn`t know about such a site/thread. Too busy to find usually. Am having problems with Buffallo Wireless Router in 2011 to 2013, dropping connections at random. Didn`t know what was at fault. I went to Internet provider first, tested-checked...sent onwards, they sent me to my laptop provider (possible fault?), Laptop maker tried to find/suggest a fix and then sent me to Microsoft (as net provider said no problem), M/S checked, tried to assist via help connection, then sent back to my Internt provider, we even changed our net provider from ADSL to a Cable company; it still happened, so we tired Buffallo who just told us to pull out the power connections to the Cable box and buffallo wireless box...But that seems more like a BODGE than an actual fix.

Our problems were enhanced because we are also located/living in Japan and cannot read Kanji or cannot get the right tech translation over the phone. BUFFALLO you should think about installing a pre-fault-flash to someones computer as your unit is about to fail so that customers who are not expert can at least have a pop-up messaged indicating where the problem is.

Hundreds of hours of life and money wasted. Its enough to drive a person mad.

zgwwhy

• Calf
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2013, 04:02:10 AM »
I have a WZR-HP-AG300H with DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (06/03/12) std(SVN revision 19154) , downloaded from BuffaloTech.

When I start openvpn server daemon?bridge mode) ?i found some problem?

1?my iphone5 can't ?airplay mirror?to my Apple TV?LAN port??btw?normal airplay work well but ?airplay mirror??

2?my iphone5 can't dlna to my sony 55ex720(LAN port) & 46hx750(LAN port)

Some imperfect solutions?

1?sony 55ex720 ? 46hx750 & Apple TV use
Wifi access to WZR-HP-AG300H.

2?stop openvpn server daemon.

3?WZR-HP-AG300H Downgrade to ddwrt 17798 ?downloaded from BuffaloTech?