Author Topic: FWBuilder and DD-WRT on WZR-600DHP running Buffalo's 20180 build doesn't work  (Read 3724 times)

momitty

• Calf

This is my first Buffalo router and in the past running Linksys routers with DD-WRT I could use Firewall Builder to put together a set of iptables rules and lock my router down.  I'm not having any luck so far and the reason seems to be ip seems to be missing something.  

When I try to install my rules I get a message saying 

# Interface br0 does not exist

+ test -z

+ exit 1

*** Fatal error :

From what I've found on the internet it's becasue the /usr/sbin/ip utility isn't spitting out the address correctly.  When I actually run it SSH'ed in it just returns blank.  

If I run ip show addr it doesn't fail, but it's just a blank line.  If I go back over to my old Linksys DD-WRT the same command spits out all the interfaces and IP addresses.

Has anybody else tried this?  Anybody have any thoughts on why the ip command doesn't do anything?  

eldonuts

• Calf

Hi momitty,

Have you tried another build yet?

I had troubles with 18777, iproute2 was broken. It's possible 20180 has a similar issue with your device.

momitty

• Calf

I eventually made it work a few months back, but I forget now what I had to do as a workaround....  :(  However, at this point I'm not touching it! 

alex_tech

• Calf
I'm facing the same problem with ASUS-N66U and a fractal build ftp://www.basmaf.com/Fractal_Builds/22208/dd-wrt.v24-22208_NEWD_2_K2.6_mega-RT-N66_64K.trx.

Did you find any work-around this problem?

buddee

• Big Bull
I'm facing the same problem with ASUS-N66U and a fractal build ftp://www.basmaf.com/Fractal_Builds/22208/dd-wrt.v24-22208_NEWD_2_K2.6_mega-RT-N66_64K.trx.

Did you find any work-around this problem?

I'm not sure if you noticed, but this is the buffalo forum, not asus forum. In regards to the dated FW builder, its not going to work for these units so simply. FW builder was made for legacy k2.4 units like wrt54g series. These newer units - such as wzr-600dhp - use a k2.6 kernel, so the code that FW builder kicks out would have to be updated to k2.6 commands.

I helped someone in the dd-wrt forum figure this same dilema out, in the end run - what the user had to do was get the FW builder to kick out its code for the unit, then we both went thru and updated its output to newer k2.6 specs, you may wanna google that and see if it can find that thread.