Author Topic: Bridge WCR-GN Wireless N150 to *other brand* router  (Read 8745 times)

ThomasJ

• Calf
Re: Bridge WCR-GN Wireless N150 to *other brand* router
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 03:43:29 PM »

P.S.

I found that if you don't first set this units local IP address (LAN side) to exist on your local network ( i.e. move it from 192.168.11.100 ), you ioose contact with your device. When you connect it up with your Wireless Router, all your network connections through the WCR-GN will be forwarded to the Router and be given IP addresses on your local network thus leaving the WCR-GN with anunreachable address.

mattack

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 05:53:02 PM »

I unfortunately ended up just buying another Buffalo way back then (two of them was still cheaper than most other routers I could install DD-WRT on, at least at the time -- sometimes Fry's has $20 ones)..

But what "Key" are you talking about?  Is this the Key that the web page in the router is trying to use, or is this something _you_ invented for both routers to use?

This may be useful for future readers (or me if I end up using my old non-Buffalo router at some point).

mnabilsh

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2011, 04:12:55 AM »

this is an old topic, i know..but the topic starter is right, this should be useful for anyone who would like to extend their wcr-gn to other brand router

in my case, now i'm using my wcr-gn router upstairs, i wanna extend the AP to downstairs with my old Linksys WRT54G v7 which doesn't support DD-WRT. how am i suppose to do it ?

i'm still trying how not to give up the old router, i've been researching and still no clue, besides buying a new one

thanks all

billbor

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2011, 10:56:45 AM »
How do I set up the WCR-GN for EC slave mode you mentioned in forum? I intend to use it to bridge traffic on my home WLAN, which is NAT-accessible via a Clear iSpot G4 internet hotspot. This iSpot wireless access point is open and unencrypted now to simplify this setup.