Author Topic: 4x WHR-HP-G300N: 1 main router 3 access point in wireless bridging, is it possible?  (Read 1885 times)

mjsee

• Calf

Hello there Buffalo users and gurus!

I'm new to buffalo, i've been a user of Linksys and D-link routers before. My current setup now is just G network, I'm expanding/upgrade my wireless network and i'm considering to buy Buffalo N wireless router because of its reasonable price and 3-in-1 features (router, AP and bridge).

So here's my scenario: I'm thinking of buying 4x WHR-HP-G300N, 1 router would serve as the main router and the other 3 would serve as AP scatter all over the property to reach the maximum coverage , my dilemma in my house is that it is not possible to make re-wiring of cat5 cables, I want to be quick and simple upgrade.

2-storey house, Main Router would be at the Masters Bedroom (2nd floor), 1 AP at the Living room (2nd Floor), 1 AP at the Study Room (Ground Floor) and 1 AP at the Gazebo Area (Back yard)

Question is, can I do wireless bridging between all the devices (1 router then 3 ap via wireless bridging)? Without changing the firmware (out of the box), is it easy to configure? could someone help me to the right instruction guide how to do this?

If I bought the WZR-HP-G300NH and make it as the main router, would it be also the same setup/configuration?

thank you to all for your time

note: there's a bug on IE9, when posting message, the message is not appearing :( 

mjsee

• Calf