Author Topic: [WZR-HP-G300NH] Client Bridge Problems  (Read 2740 times)

bruslim

• Calf
[WZR-HP-G300NH] Client Bridge Problems
« on: March 25, 2011, 06:56:22 PM »

I have 2 WZR-HP-G300NH routers. 

Both have the "Pro" Buffalo branded dd-wrt (build 14998) and I have the wireless bridge working, however there are some issues.

Computer, printer, and NAS all attached to the client bridge have access to the interent, and the rest of the network.

I can ping/access the computer, printer and nas from another computer on the wireless.

However, I cannot access the actual client bridge from a computer on the wireless network.

Also the client bridge cannot ping the other nh, or google. 

====

This is my network setup:

Main Router IP: 192.168.22.1

*Everything else default.

Client Bridge IP: 192.168.22.2

Client Bridge Gateway: 192.168.22.1

Client Bridge Local DNS: 192.168.22.1

Client Bridge Operating Mode: Router

Client Bridge SPI Firewall: Disabled

Client Bridge Remote Administration: Enabled

deek102

• Calf
Re: [WZR-HP-G300NH] Client Bridge Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 12:57:46 PM »

I'd also like to information on this topic. Could anyone out there help us?

TIA

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 01:36:29 PM »

Try following FAQ 3 of 4 that is pinned at the top of the settings and see if that works. And make sure that you do not have AP isolation turned on in the advanced settings.

postlgue

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 02:25:02 PM »

I had some problems with client brigde until I made a firmware update with this file "wzr-hp-g300nh-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin" which is recommended here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database?.

It is original DD-WRT without being branded by Buffalo. (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std
(SVN revision 14896)
?

Devices in my network:

Speedtouch ST 585 v6 as  Internetgateway and AP with DHCP Server   IP 10.0.0.138

Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH  10.0.0.139

wireless physical interface ath0:   client bridge

virtual interface atho.1:   AP

SSID ? for both interfaces identical

wireless security WPA2 personal AES with identical keys

WAN, DHCP Server and SPI-Firewall disabled

Gateway and local DNS 10.0.0.138

under Setup/Advanced Routing:OperatingMode RIP2 Router

DynamicRouting Interface Both

I use Buffalo as OpenVPN Server   and now  for Wake on LAN to reactivate my PC which is linked by LAN to Buffalo

Other stuff:  A NSLU2 running Samba with USB HDD as network-storage device

and a Netgear Printserver                      both wired on SpeedTouch Modem

3 Laptops and another PC and a Linksys Printserver all wireless

All devices in one subnet 10.0.0.

With RDP I reach all computers.The modems and the NSLU2  I can reach both via Webgui and putty.

Internetconnection is pretty quick

Port Forwarding and DynDNS is established on SpeedTouch to enable VPN Connections from outside with my laptop (UMTS mobile internet)

I checked all functions with success. The system is runnung with the new older firmware since 6.30 today morning,at the moment I can reach all devices.  I am very curious if it is running still tomorrow morning.

One thing I have to mention. I wrote  a startup script into my Buffalo by copy and paste after correcting the CLIENT_IP  under Administration/Commands and ran it once manually before saving it. One can find the script here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-G300NH#Fix_for_WiFi_Dropouts?

Please excuse my bad English