Author Topic: BUFFALO WHR-HP-GN sudden slowdown after 6 months of working great  (Read 1700 times)

sq33

• Calf

I've been using the BUFFALO WHR-HP-GN router for a few months now with no problems and 2 days ago my internet has been going at dial up speeds one second, then fairly fast another second.  I connected directly to the modem to see if that was the problem and I get 16 mbps download speeds but wirelessly its about  1 mbps.  I live in apartment and have a good wireless signal.  I tried resetting the router, going back to factory settings, changing the channel but to no avail.  I am using DD WRT v24SP2.  No changes were made from the time the router was working well to the time it stopped working.  Any help would be appreciated.

Firmware: DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI

sethz

• El Toro
Re: BUFFALO WHR-HP-GN sudden slowdown after 6 months of working great
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 10:58:53 AM »

Does the problem happen wired in or only wirelessly? Also try changing your wireless channels if you haven't already.

sq33

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »

just wirelessly.  I tried changing channels too.

sq33

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »

I just did another factory reset and it seems to be working better now than before but it's still really flaky.  Using speedtest I get download speeds up to 15 mbps, then 2 minutes later I will do another test and it will be 2 mbps.  It's very erratic.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 02:48:21 PM »

You could try the friendly version of firmware and see if this helps any.