Author Topic: Xbox 360 connection issues  (Read 2023 times)

amyliltoy

• Calf
Xbox 360 connection issues
« on: January 20, 2011, 12:21:50 AM »

My internet connection is cable and the modem (motorola surfboard) resides upstairs in my office. I have a laptop i keep downstairs which doesn't much come into play with this but is the reason i acquired the Buffalo Airstation Nfiniti. My son's xbox is of course downstairs and needs to be connected via this router. I purchased a Netgear universal wifi internet adapter. I tried both methods of attempting to connect with this device one being conect to xbox via ethernet cord and pressing the button which is supposed to make an internet connection magically appear. The other was to unplug the wireless router from my main computer, plug in the netgear, open internet and setup will start. I did this and nothing happened. This is one of many attempts over the past few weeks. The xbox is telling me to check my routers configuration web page to check DHCP and MAC filter? I have no idea what any of this means and to be honest I have been muddling my way through this with absolutely no progress. If anyone can help please let me know. I hope I have provided enough information and if not please let me know. Also, In my attempt to use my laptop last week as a "gateway" (not sure what i was thinking) I have successfully created two warring internet connections that shut me down on that too.

ps. the xbox recognizes this connection as a wired connection i think because of the ethernet cord that runs from the netgear device to the xbox. Please help. I am tired and very discouraged. Going Live was my sons birthday present.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Xbox 360 connection issues
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 10:21:51 AM »

I need to know the model number of your unit and what firmware version it is running. You can go to a web browser and type in 192.168.11.1 and log in to the router to check the firmware version.