Author Topic: Partial success...need help getting internet access  (Read 1870 times)

bjachai12

• Calf
Partial success...need help getting internet access
« on: January 13, 2011, 12:39:59 AM »

Hi All,

Just bought Buff WLI-TX4-AG300N.

Looking to use a 2Wire720 Residential Gateway (Model 3800HGV-B, think it is the 2700 series) as access point on ATT Uverse.  Looking to hookup XBox as well as stream Netflix.

Took my Dell Inspiron Windows 7 Home Premium laptop and pluged in the TX4 with ether cable.

Went thru set up as suggested with Ethernet Manager.

No problem getting it to recognize 2Wire720 and say a connection is established but at 54 mps.  (think that is the 3800HGV-B limits).

But it soesn't indicate any Internet connection?  If I try adn log in to IExp on laptop - I get a diagnose problems.....

If I modify IP address I can get to the web screen - but same ending....

I welcome all suggestions. 

I do also have a Linksys WT54G Wireless Router I could add to main computer and go thru that - but first try was equally unsuccessful.

HELP????

Barry

Finally got the TX4 to recognize 2Wire720 with 54mps (think that limit is cuz of the 2Wire720 Gateway - its a 3800-HGV-B (2700 series from 2Wire).

But I am not

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Partial success...need help getting internet access
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 03:00:03 PM »

Try putting your pc on a static ip address of 1.1.1.2 and opening up a web browser and going to 1.1.1.1. Try to configure the settings here. In this page click on connect to air station and follow the wizard.