Author Topic: Help With the WHR-HP-G300N  (Read 1620 times)

wolfhunter360

• Calf
Help With the WHR-HP-G300N
« on: December 23, 2010, 10:08:05 AM »

Hello this is my first time to buy a product from Buffalo and actually I liked the setting about the WHR-HP-G300N but it’s a bit complicated so I couldn’t do what I wanted with it.

I want to use it as a range expander but I tried everything with it but it didn’t work the guy who sold me this product gave a paper how to use it as a range expander/repeater I did what I read in the paper he gave me but it didn’t work and I tried extra things but still not working.

And another trouble with it each time I try to change its SSID it freezes and I can’t even go back in the router setting again so I have to Reset it each time I change the SSID it does the same thing so please I need help to configure the WHR-HP-G300N as a range expander/repeater

Please somebody help me.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Help With the WHR-HP-G300N
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 10:34:43 AM »

What firmware is installed on your router?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

wolfhunter360

• Calf
Re: Help With the WHR-HP-G300N
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 12:14:20 PM »

this is a picture from the router it self

And i installed some files from the CD that came with it and i changed the SSID and it did change without freezing

a changed the wireless mode to WDS AP because as i know the WDS mode it for expanding the range but is that right and it says that the rate is 1 MB/S does that mean that the wireless speed it 1MB/S i connected to the device over wireless and i saw the speed is 54 MB/S and I’m using a wireless G device so i thing this is normal 

and this is my Wirelwss setting please tell me if there is anything i should change

And here is the question that keeps me thinking do i need to get some information from the router that I’m using and put it in this device to expand the range or configure both of them

I left them empty because i dont know if i have to put any MAC here