Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH nat loopback?  (Read 4127 times)

Slipaway

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH nat loopback?
« on: November 03, 2010, 10:47:04 PM »

Does the WZR-HP-G300NH support NAT loopback?  I'd like to purchase several of these routers, but we need to make sure that it supports NAT loopback.

Does this router support NAT loopback, or does Buffalo have an official Buffalo firmware update that supports NAT loopback?

caricell

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH nat loopback?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 06:28:46 AM »

How many times do you have to ask this?

The original firmware from buffalo does not support lopback. The DDWRT firmware and buffalo DDWRT firmware DOES, but as you can see, there are other problems with the DDWRT firmwares

erkme73

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 08:25:24 PM »

At ease, killer. 

I'd add to the OP 's question, which is... WHEN (if at all) will buffalo integrate NAT loopback into the G300NH?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 07:53:32 AM »

erkme73 wrote:

At ease, killer. 

I'd add to the OP 's question, which is... WHEN (if at all) will buffalo integrate NAT loopback into the G300NH?

it has been on the DD firmware.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

erkme73

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 08:11:08 AM »

Yes, thanks - I figured that out last night.  Took the plunge and updated to the 'professional' DD firmware version.  I gotta say, it's night and day.  Very, very nice.  So many options my head is spinning.  Clearly I'm not a professional :)

To the OP, I saw your other posts about wanting to buy 9 units but the nat loopback being an issue.  Let me assure you, if you immediately upgrade to the official Buffalo 'professional' firmware powered by DD - you'll have everything you need.

noisome

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 08:10:22 PM »

Okay now, I have a quick question regarding this.

I would like the nat loopback, and apparently I can get it with the Pro firmware.

What does the Pro firmware NOT have that the default firmware HAS?

Bittorrent client?  This is in the original firmware, but is it in Pro by default (simple setup)?

NAS support?  This is in the original firmware, but is it in Pro by default (simple setup)?

I have used DD-wrt in previous routers and I am very familiar with it.  A comparison of features that are NOT in pro compared with default firmware would be nice.  Any links?

erkme73

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 11:56:46 PM »

I can't answer any of those questions, but I can tell you that after a week with the pro version, I had to downgrade back to the stock (user-friendly) firmware.  The DD-WRT software is unstable on my box.   Wifi would constantly disconnect - sometimes not reconnecting until after a reboot.  Also, it rebooted itself - or at least dropped WAN connection - every night around midnight (+/- 30 min) for no known reason (auto-reboot was off). 

All in all, the pro version is more user-friendly, and infinitely more configurable that the stock Buffalo version (1.76) - but the daily, "I cant connect to the internert!" screams from the wife nixed it for me.

noisome

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 11:22:56 AM »

I went ahead and did the pro.  I haven't run across those issues yet with wireless.

It does have USB support built in BUT the GUI USB support did not work for me or at least detect my drive.  I manually added a mount for the drive and it still did not show up on the GUI.  I added a script to mount the drive by default.  It still did not detect the drive from the GUI.  I made a JFFS partition on the drive.  The JFFS partition was detected with finagling. 

It does not have bittorrent support built in but it can be added.

The pro does have more features, but for me, the cons outweigh to pros.  I don't need unstable as you said it was.  I like the easier firmware.  I also like options, but I'm tired of router messing for now and was hoping for it to work like "it should".  NAT loopback should, at THE MINIMUM, be an option to turn on or off, never less.