Author Topic: New WZR-HP-G300NH - Great Router, one or two questions for "tweakers"  (Read 1676 times)

zerostar

• Calf

Hey All, read about 9 pages of the forum before I got this router and from that I knew I wanted to go with the Buffalo version DD-WRT on my unit once it came in. To my suprise the router was setup with the newest DD-WRT already and Off I went...

Since I have comcast, I set the switch to ON and the DHCP to auto and have been online ever since plugging this puppy in. I have disabled most things I don't need or want (logging, scheduling, monitoring stuff) and am VERY excited to see an OpenVPN Client installed on this puppy! Having a GoldenFrog account that is something I will have to test out here soon :)

Anyways, I got all my port forwards and static DHCP's setup along with some other tweaks. Is there anything else I should adjust in this firmware for optimum performance? Most things I have are wired to gigabit, but I do have some phones/iPad and a Laptop that use the wireless, it seems strong and quick, but I am seeing some errors in the TX side of things, I didn't switch any advanced settings or anything so not sure if anything else is recommended. (Do a lot of Torrenting, VPN and VNC/Remote Access type stuff, along with general surfing and streaming video, etc.)

I will say, this router instantly got my speedtest.net up to over what Comcast is selling me (both up and down) and more impressive I got an "A" at pingtest.net for the first time EVER. I am stoked to play some CoD on my PS3 tonight :)