Author Topic: Special characters corrupts directories  (Read 9689 times)

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Characters corrupt directory names
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 08:40:20 AM »
Here is our reproduction test. Could you confirm it?

Download the firmware(214_102) from BTUS site.
 Update the TeraStationLive.
 Make new folder.
 #We can not input Swedish charaset.(ex, ? ? ?
 Make new file and input Swedish charaset.
 Confirm accessibility to this file.

Can you to check the following items.

1.Try to Access Restrictions change Disable
  2.Try to  initialize by WebAdmin(if possible)

fArGo

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 10:40:58 AM »

HartyShow, If you also could help reproduce this bug I would appreciate if you could describe the exact process step by step.

Many thanks

Message Edited by fArGo on 10-31-2008 07:46 PM

jumblat

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 03:23:15 AM »

any updates on this thread? i have a linkstation 320GL (firmware 2.10) with exactly the same problem. filenames are corrupted and subsequent ftp directory listings corrupted too after any character over ASCII 127. My specific application is composer names such as Belá Bartók, Carlos Chávez, Fauré...

since you already logged this Paul - is there any chance of a date for a fix? how far down the priority is this? with the recent price drop on this item i would expect a few more calls on this bug!

rgds jumblat

SimoPP

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 06:16:05 AM »
   I live in Finland and we use a lot of a´s and o´s with dots and it is funny that I have never experienced any issues with these directly at any Linkstation I use (LS Live, LS Pro Duo, LS Live w/BT), but indirectly with a Tvico 6500 media player. Even that shows the characters correctly but just declines to show or play any item with these characters.

fArGo

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 06:35:48 AM »

I'm running Ubuntu Linux 8.10. When using English as default language I noticed missing  "Swedish" characters on my LS Live. Switching to Swedish in Ubuntu solved the problem.

It seams LS does not like certain ASCII or ISO standard. I'm gonna do some ore investigation and get back to you on this but I'm surprised of the lack of response frpn BuffaloTech on this. Cause this is seriouse bug indeed.

olvi

• Tatanka
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 01:47:22 AM »

Same problem in my TS-III after updating to newest 1.3 firmware. Some users (shared folders) have this same problem.

I have tryed all "Windows Client Language" settings in TS but I cant access to this folders anymore.

I really hope we find some solution soon!