Author Topic: WCR-GN internet connection issues with iPhone 4  (Read 5558 times)

hkc140

• Calf
Re: WCR-GN internet connection issues with iPhone 4
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 03:24:58 AM »

Same here. It wasted my money.

We have to take legal action

AZRippster

• Calf

????????

This is also a problem with the WZR-HP-AG300H. I would suspect the WZR-HP-G300NH as well, of which I own both. I recently upgraded to the ????WZR-HP-AG300H due to it being Dual-Band/Radio. I have several devices in my home that utilize the 5GHz band as well as the 2.4GHz. I was forced to downgrade the WRT firmware on this unit to the "Friendly" to get Buffalo's WLI-TX4-AG300N to actually perform correctly in the 5GHz mode. The firmware on the WLI-TX4-AG300N is sketchy at best and with the DD-WRT firmware it is very poor. With the Friendly firmware, it actually performs pretty well. This week my family and I (4 of us) upgraded our phones to the new Motorola Droid 3, obviously Android based. When at home we TRY to use the Wi-Fi from the WZR-HP-AG300H, and can, for a short period of time, then it drops. Sometimes we can disable the Wi-Fi on the phones and then re-enable, but this isn't always successful. I've tried setting the unit to On for Router and establishing DHCP to acquire an IP from my ISP but this didn't really help, as suggested from Buffalo Telephone support. We have notice that this is something specific to the Wireless side of the device as all Hard Wired clients continue to operate just fine, just our Droid 3 phones, Laptops and my wife's iPAD stop working. I totaled up the devices acquiring IPs within my home and we're in the ballpark of 22. I thought that maybe there was a client or IP limitation on the device but according to Buffalo Telephone Tech Support, this is not the case. I'm allowing the default allowance of 64 Address to be given out. This really sucks as I have loved Buffalo products back to the one they got in a lawsuit over, which I also owned. I ran SVEASOFT on that router and it rocked. Steps I've taken to troubleshoot include:

Hard Set Router Mode On

Established DHCP for WAN connection

Set 20Mhz Channel, not Auto or 40MHz for the N,B,G connections, hard set Channel

cheebsies

• Calf

iPhone 4 only supports 2.4 GHz. It is by design (thank you Apple! Please add 5 GHz support with the next iteration of iPhone). It is not Buffalo's issue.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

To get around the problem, create a unique SSID for your 2.4 GHz radio and another unique SSID for your 5 GHz radio (for example: "MyNetwork 2.4" and "MyNetwork 5"). Both will be on the same network. I connect my MacBook Pro using the 5 GHz radio's SSID (N-Only). I connect my iPhone 4 using the 2.4 GHz radio's SSID (NG-Mixed because my wireless printer requires 802.11g and 2.4 GHz). Everything works great - AirPrint, Apple Remote, AirMouse Pro, Home Sharing, etc..

BTW, I am at the latest build for everything on the WZR-HP-AG300H as of this post. Regardless, I implemented the aforementioned solution when I purchased the  WZR-HP-AG300H using the FW that was delivered with it. So, I hope my suggestion works for all those experiencing this problem.