Author Topic: Is the WLI-TX4-G54HP Windows 7-compatible?  (Read 2111 times)

endims

• Calf
Is the WLI-TX4-G54HP Windows 7-compatible?
« on: November 05, 2010, 11:09:27 AM »

I bought the WLI-TX4-G54HP for use with my Samsung LN46C650 TV rather than buying an expensive Samsung dongle, and was wondering if the WLI-TX4-G54HP can be used on Windows 7. Also, I am a complete neophyte when it comes to technology, so if anyone has ever used this unit for a similar purpose, I'd greatly appreciate easy instructions.

Thanks very much in advance.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Is the WLI-TX4-G54HP Windows 7-compatible?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 06:28:31 AM »

The unit itself works fine with windows 7.  The CD probably won't.

To set up the converter, plug your computer directly into the back of the EthernetConverter and Initialize it.

Do not have either unit connected to router.

Change your IP address to 1.1.1.2 with a subnet mask of255.255.255.0 and no Default Gateway:

WinXP1) start-> control panel -> network connections
(if Home edition, Network Connections again)
2) right click on Local Area Ethernet and select properties
3) highlight Internet Protocol TCP/IP and select properties
4) use the following IP address:

Open a web browser and enter "http://1.1.1.1" into theaddress bar to log in and configure the Ethernet Converter.
username: root
pasword: (leave blank)

Click Advanced.
Browse for your wireless Network SSID
Configure any encryption you may have for that wirelessnetwork.

Apply and save settings.

After the Ethernet Converter is configured for your wirelessnetwork, change your computer back to its previous IPaddress settings or to Automatic (make sure to switch DNSback to Automatic as well) and try to connect to the Internet

endims

• Calf
Re: Is the WLI-TX4-G54HP Windows 7-compatible?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:00:22 PM »

Thank you so very much. I went through the steps, and in 2 minutes, everything was set up.

My TV is not connected to the Internet without me having had to fork out a huge amount of dough to Samsung to get their proprietary adapter.

Thanks.