Author Topic: LS-Q2.0TL 6 red flashes which indicates a bad drive ( I think)  (Read 1289 times)

questorfla

• Calf

The system is pretty full of data and I think I have it all backed up on various other drives but I would like to be sure.

The thing is I cannot tell which drive is supposedly bad. If I follow the instructions to reset, when done, all lights are green, power is blue and no indication of any problem

I tried mounting each drive separately into a system just to check the drive mechanics and they all spin up and the windows OS on the system shows all the proper partitions.

I did not change anything as I just wanted to see if I could find the one bad drive and replace it/

However, the other problem (and this occurred at the same time) was that I am unable to access the LS in any normal way. The IP it had won’t work,

the default IP's I have read here in various posts won’t work and this is when connected directly to laptop with either a normal or crossover. all antivirus, firewalls, etc. are off.

I have tried various static settings on the NIC in the laptop still with no luck.

I don't know if I can use the MAC ID on the label for some way to access.

Of course I tried all the normal NASNAVI options from the start but if the LS has changed to a different IP, then I could try forever and never hit the right combination.

The green lights on the network input do indicate some kind of activity and when connected to a router there seems to be so traffic but nothing I can do will reconnected me to the unit.

If anyone has a suggestion, I would like to try it before I just remove the drives and clear them, especially since supposedly one of them is bad although I cannot tell which.

Is there any way to use the raid 5 settings on my windows box to access the data one the drives? .

I am not familiar with TELNET so I do not know if I could get in this way or not but I do have a system with XP which I also tried using to access the LS. Still no luck.

Any suggestions appreciated. I am afraid the unit itself may be totally dead except for the fact that it does seems to do different things with the light flashes from time to time.

AI have tried holding down the function button 30 seconds then turn on, then 11 second again in an effort to get it back to some kind of starting point but nothing .

Only one time did I ever see any indication of life and that was the fact that AI got the MAC ID to come up next to an IP but I never got beyond that. All scans only show my own system's NIC whether Windows 7 or Windows XP. and I do not know Linux at all.

Sorry for the long post but I am trying to save the unit before tossing **bleep** and just using the drives themselves.

Thanks

Mike.